buy now or wait?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ccl1590888, May 7, 2008.

  1. ccl1590888 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 7, 2008
    #1
    i was reading the mac guide and it said not to buy a classic now. im looking at the 160 gb because i need the most storage.

    i have 100 gigs of music. can i get your thoughts?

    wait to see if a 200 gig will be released. or get this one becasue they wont release one. ive read they only do it once a year in sept usually and i dont mind price. i just want the biggest capacity.

    thanks

    wait or buy?
     
  2. iPhil macrumors 68040

    iPhil

    #2




    If you need or want it now then buy it now ..Then if not then wait .. :eek:
     
  3. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

    Insulin Junkie

    Joined:
    May 5, 2008
    Location:
    Mainland Europe
    #3
    I'd get the 160GB one, I don't know how much music / video you plan to put on there, but seriously... why do you even WANT to put more than that on any iPod, because it'll take ages (yes, even with the scrollwheel) to scroll to the artist you want to find. =D

    Though if you're hoping for stuff like bluetooth for wireless headphones, well I'd stick around and see if they ad that as a feature on their next batch of "classic" iPods.

    I have over 100GB of music too and I ended up taking most of it off my 160GB iPod because I just couldn't be fussed with the sheer mass of stuff that was on there (more annoying than cool). =P

    EDIT: As for info, at the end of the day all we can give you is speculation, we don't know if they're gonna make the harddrive bigger. Maybe, maybe not, who knows. It can be assumed because that's what they've been doing ever since the first iPod.
     
  4. ccl1590888 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 7, 2008
    #4
    well i need it because im currently trying to pursue being a dj. i need all my music.
     
  5. windowpain macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Apr 19, 2008
    Location:
    Japan
    #5
    I echo this comment.

    If I were you i'd buy it now. It sounds like you need it, and you still have another 60gig free on it. Buy the time you have filled that (in a year or so?) get the newer model.

    Even if they do release a new model , the 'old' one will still do everything that you currently want it to do.
     
  6. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2007
    #6
    I say if you need it now get it... i really dont think they will increase the harddisk capacity for a long time...

    Would I be wrong in saying that this thread belongs in Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion.
    And also please be more specific in your thread titles,

    Wait till i become a moderator... :) Newbies watch out...
     

Share This Page