Buy now or wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Luis Ortega, Nov 3, 2008.

  1. Luis Ortega macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 10, 2007
    Location:
    Fetcham Surrey UK
    #1
    I see that in the buyers guide, the iphone is almost at end of cycle and you should only buy if necessary.
    Does anyone think that a new version with better features might be coming out soon, say before Christmas?
     
  2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2006
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    #2
    Nope. Nothing "new" until June. 32GB one after MacWorld.
     
  3. nitewolfgtr macrumors regular

    nitewolfgtr

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2008
    #3
    Definitely not before christmas. Maybe next year around July or so. If you want it now, get it now!
     
  4. spikedfo macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2008
  5. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

    mojohanna

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2004
    Location:
    Cleveland
    #5
    I think if you don't need it, wait until after MWSF. Its plausible that they could bump the capacity at that time. That would be the only change.
     
  6. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2008
    #6
    keep waiting, and then when a 32gb comes out you should keep waiting some more until a 64gb one comes out. and then keep waiting for the next gen iphone. and then keep waiting some more until a new model or upgrade comes out. and then after that, wait some more


    get the point? if you keep waiting for a newer model to come out, you'll be waiting forever. if you want it, get it.
     
  7. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2008
    #7
    My God, this is the 5th thread on the same subject within the last 24 hours.

    Sheesh.
     
  8. rotobadger macrumors 65816

    rotobadger

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2007
    #8
    According to the front page there won't be any new updates until after the holidays. They didn't specify iPhone but I'm guessing its included in that.
     
  9. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2008
    #9

    people dont know how to make their own decisions.
     
  10. rotobadger macrumors 65816

    rotobadger

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2007
    #10
    I can't decide if you're right about that or not. What do you think?
     
  11. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

    iVeBeenDrinkin'

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2008
    #11
    I'm not sure I should answer that.
     
  12. twist2b macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 26, 2008
    Location:
    North Carolina
    #12
    Guys, Don't be mean. If you are anoyed about it being "another one today" thread.... DON'T post?

    Anyways, it turns out that the next update will only be an extra 32 GB version. THATS IT (supposedly) No hardware changes :)


    Have fun! If your going to get an 8 GB or 16 GB version anyways, then get it now :)
     
  13. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

    iVeBeenDrinkin'

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2008
    #13
    Are you sure about that?
     
  14. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2008
    #14
    i think i should make a poll because i'm not sure.
     
  15. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2008
    #15
    I'm not so sure a poll is a good idea.

    What do you guys think?
     
  16. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

    iVeBeenDrinkin'

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2008
    #16
    I can't decide if a poll will help the op make a decision.
     
  17. rotobadger macrumors 65816

    rotobadger

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2007
    #17
    We should have a poll to decide if it will help.
     
  18. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2008
    Location:
    Massachusetts
    #18
    I would just buy now, especially after the announcement about no more new products until after the holiday season.
     
  19. puckhead193 macrumors G3

    puckhead193

    Joined:
    May 25, 2004
    Location:
    NY
    #19
    i personally would wait till MWSF, prob nothing new just a 32 gig version. Maybe they would drop the 8 gig?
     

Share This Page