Buy now or wait....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kkono71, Jun 17, 2009.

  1. kkono71 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2009
    #1
    I really want to buy 17" MBP. BUT, if I can wait still should I wait for one more cycle? i am using iMac (i bought about 4 years ago) and my wife's macbook (white - a year old). Does anyone guess next MBP will be so much different than this new one?? Please give me your thoughts!
     
  2. PhixionFilms macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2008
    Location:
    Deployed atm
    #2
    i would now. dude, you and i both know you cant wait.
     
  3. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2009
    #3
    If you wait for the next one, why not wait for the one after that? And then the one after that? ;)
     
  4. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

    ViciousShadow21

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2009
    Location:
    To your left or right
    #4
    agreed. just buy it now cause the latest and greatest will always be right around the corner no matter how long you wait.
     
  5. TRAG macrumors 6502

    TRAG

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2009
    Location:
    Louisiana, USA
    #5
    Get it now. They just got updated. This new iMac would at least last you another 3 years.
     
  6. LycanNyc macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2009
    Location:
    NYC
    #7
    I think my next one will be when they get new GFX
     
  7. sparkie7 macrumors 68000

    sparkie7

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2008
    #8
    If you NEED it. Buy it.

    If you WANT it, but don't NEED it. Wait.
     
  8. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

    DAMNiatx

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2009
  9. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2009
    Location:
    Australia
    #10
    Wait until 2018, I hear Apple has something special planned.

    Nah. Couldn't keep a straight face :rolleyes:

    If you need a new MacBook Pro - buy it!
     
  10. nahsor macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2009
    #11
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-10266536-64.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

    I would hve suggested the same thing but I am not sure anymore. Arrandale won't be introduced until next year and with Sandy Bridge being slated to be introduced in Q1 of 2011, Arrandale will only have a 1 year cycle. Doesn't it make more sense to update now and then in like 3 to 4 years when Sandy Bridge is going to be on Rev B or C? Why would you buy a Rev A Arrandale when Rev B might not even follow?
     
  11. oban14 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2008
    #12
    You should only buy an Apple product the month it came out.
     
  12. nahsor macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2009
    #13
    Apple doesn't update their notebooks every month. Plus it makes sense to wait a month to see the reviews being posted about the new Rev. (just my opinion)
     
  13. oban14 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2008
    #14
    They also don't lower their prices very often, if ever. Meanwhile, the exact same hardware without the shiny apple logo is getting cheaper and cheaper from Dell, HP, etc...
     

Share This Page