Buy now or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by daspaz411, Nov 14, 2009.

  1. daspaz411 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2009
    #1
    So I have the option of buying a 15 inch macbook pro 2.66 GHz now... But I was talking to some people, and they said to wait till about January because they might have new macs out by then. Is there any chance in this? Will they completely revamp the mac pros again or just upgrade it a little bit? should I wait until January-ish?
    thanks!
     
  2. Gatteau macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 23, 2009
    Location:
    Italy
    #2
    I think you should. By mid-February, if nothing shows up, I'm getting my first MacBook Pro.

    Have a look at the MacBook Pro-related section, or this thread. Many info going on there.
     
  3. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2009
    #3
    i would just bite the bullet and buy now [​IMG] no one knows what or when new stuff is gonna come out... you could buy now and be a little bit annoyed if something new comes out, but still you have a nice shiny mbp... or you can wait months and months for something new only for it to have no benefits at all
     
  4. old-wiz macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2008
    Location:
    West Suburban Boston Ma
    #4
    News stories say Intel has delayed Arrandale from Q1 2010 to H1 2010. Unless Apple gets an early version, it's likely it won't be until May to see new MBPs.
     
  5. clyde2801 macrumors 601

    clyde2801

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2008
    Location:
    In the land of no hills and red dirt.
    #5
    If you need it now, buy it now. If you don't, wait until you do.

    Everyone's guesses and estimations about what apple's going to do when are just that, and nothing more.

    If you do need one now, buy a refurbished or used model that meets your needs. For me, saving a little bit up front takes a little bit of the sting out of the inevitable refresh/upgrade.
     
  6. daspaz411 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2009
    #6
    does anyone think that the prices for MBP's will drop by january-ish? because another piece of advice i was given to wait was because around christmas time the 2.8 GHz 15 inch would be the current price of the 2.66 GHz 15 inch.
     
  7. miles01110 macrumors Core

    miles01110

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Location:
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    #7
    That's not a price drop, it's a "speed bump." A price drop is when the 2.66 GHz 15" goes from $1999 -> $1799 or whatever. A price drop is highly unlikely since they just lowered the prices last time around. A speed bump is always possible.
     
  8. old-wiz macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2008
    Location:
    West Suburban Boston Ma
    #8
    Interestingly enough, the current front page at MacRumors says Arrandale will arrive in January. Maybe Apple is pushing Intel?
     
  9. cfitz7111 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2008
    #9
    Sounds like the June Keynote could be a big one, new iPhones, and macBooks. If you need something right away, then get it, if you can wait, then wait, remember there is always something better around the corner
     
  10. thecheda macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2006
    Location:
    Los Angeles
    #10
    Mbp

    The guy above said it the best, you can't always expect the newest and best.
     

Share This Page