Buy now or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by texas2009, May 15, 2010.

1. texas2009 macrumors newbie

I'm thinking about getting my first mac here soon, and was looking at the 13" MacBook Pro. In light of the regular macbook getting updated with very similar specs for likely a couple hundred less, is it worth waiting to see if the MBP gets an update here soon or will that not happen again until next year? Any advice is good advice.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. texas2009 thread starter macrumors newbie

There just doesnt seem like there is too much differentiation between the Macbook and Pro now if the story from Nam is true. I dont see how they justify wanting me to spend the extra 200 on the pro.

4. Christina1971 macrumors regular

5. Christina1971 macrumors regular

This has come up before (a lot.) With the MBP you're getting a larger hard drive, longer battery life, more RAM as standard plus the ability to go up to 8 GB (compared to 4 GB for the Macbook), a SD card slot, Firewire 800, and an aluminum body. It's up to you as to whether that's worth $200.

6. cjilgenfritz macrumors newbie

Not to mention you get the backlit keyboard with the pro...that in my opinion is worth spending the extra $200 for ;-)

7. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Agree. The extra specs alone make the MBP worth the difference in price.

Re whether you choose to buy now or later, my answer to you is if you need it, buy now, (and enjoy it and don't second-guess yourself as to what will possibly come doen the tracks in a few months time), whereas, if you merely want it, well, wait a while.

Cheers and good luck

8. miki66 macrumors 6502

miki66

Just pick one up now as mbp barely got updated. Next update may be in sep or oct, I assumed

9. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

avoid cheap plastic products from :apple: go with the Pro.