Buy now?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S)

If you need or want an iPad now, go ahead and buy now. If you can wait, then wait.

The iPad (3rd gen) was just released, so there will be a full year from now until the next model should be released.

Now would be a good time to buy though.

richard371

macrumors 68020
Feb 1, 2008
Yes wait and when the new model comes out skip it and wait. The next model will always be better so wait. my dad has been trying to buy a pc for the last 15 year but he keeps waiting on the newer model.

SweetDove

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2012
I'm getting the newest 3gen since I'm updating from an ipad1 and I thought it would tide me over better through the 4-5th gens rather then an ipad2 and wanting what all the newest ones have. I think if I already had an iPad two I'd wait for the next one (like every other upgrade?)
There will always be a newer, better more "OMG SOME AWESOME" piece of technology in six months anyways.

The question is, can you resist the temptation?!

Also, when trading in or selling, the 3gen will be worth more to swap with then the 2gen. But if you have the cash to out right buy one, or a person who would pay top dollar, then I suppose that wouldn't matter as much.

fanboy05

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2011
if you have to ask at all, then wait. If you don't need one now, what is another 12 months...:rolleyes:

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
I probably shouldn't comment on this somewhat frivolous thread, but...

...I'm actually waiting. I don't think it'll be 2013 before the next one, I think there will need to be revisions before then - to support LTE in the UK/EU if nothing else.

Now that the iPad is just called 'the iPad' there's plenty of scope for Apple to continually revise them as they do with their computer lines.