Buy Now?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dynasty90, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Dynasty90 macrumors newbie

Is now a good time to buy a 13" rMBP or should I wait for the next upgraded model?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The best advice is to buy when you need it.

With Broadwell being delayed, we'll probably not see a 13" model until later this year

3. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

I'm sure there are lots of threads about this already.
    There is nothing major in the pipeline, I would get one now.

Barney

4. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Since the MBPs were given a small update just six months ago I doubt that there will be anything new coming along for a while. Buy now if you need and want it now. (Disclaimer: this is being typed on my shiny new rMBP 13"!)

The 13" rMBP is a terrific little powerhouse of a machine with 256 GB SSD and 8 GB RAM. The retina screen is gorgeous, just gorgeous! Battery life is amazing. A dandy notebook computer all the way around.....

5. borostef macrumors 6502

borostef

I just got one today! I'm absolutely loving it! It is a great machine that will last me for quite some time... I hope...;)

6. MrT-Man macrumors regular

I completely disagree about "nothing major in the pipeline". Between IGZO and Broadwell, they might be able to shave off a good half pound of weight from the Pro 13.

And we don't know whether or not Broadwell is actually delayed. Intel will presumably confirm or deny that in a couple of weeks on their earnings call.

7. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

At the earliest you are looking at the end of the year, not exactly worth the waiting IMO. (and it is only an opinion)

Barney

8. sixrom macrumors 6502a

I agree completely, the current model is excellent. I'd buy now and enjoy a very nice model.