Buy Now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BSBarrows, Jun 6, 2007.

  1. BSBarrows macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2007
    Location:
    Maine
    #1
    I have been waiting a long time to buy my first "purchased" mac (I have used many of our schools.) I am looking at buying the midrange macbook pro, is this a good idea to buy now? this will be for college, where I am going into audio production. Does anybody have advise for what I could possibly get for computing things to go with this laptop when going into this feild. Also, When (if any) is the next predicted update for the macbook pro, (be it case redesign, magnetic latches, or even maybe a move to HD DVD or Blueray) because I would hate to buy this thing and be out $2,500 and a new MBP comes out the next day (knowing my luck). I was also going to wait for Leopard, but that is just way to off for me to wait. If any of you can offer your input, I would love as much as possible!

    BSBarrows :apple:
     
  2. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2006
    #2
    hmm updated yesterday?? i would say just to go for the buy because its still a really really good machine
     
  3. Aniej macrumors 68000

    Aniej

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2006
    #3
    i would grab one now. who knows what can happen with leopard, though things seem to be headed in the right direction. plus it is not a very expensive addition and you can enjoy the machine for a sold couple months.
     
  4. yodermk macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 13, 2006
    #4
    If you can't wait for Leopard you sure can't wait for the next hardware update. It's almost inconceivable that that would happen before next January at the earliest.
     
  5. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

    Dynamyk

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2005
    Location:
    Toronto
    #5
    Buy now, the next update probably won't be till November.
     

Share This Page