buy one now or in August?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JavedUW, Apr 12, 2008.

  1. JavedUW macrumors newbie

    Apr 12, 2008
    Next year I'll be leaving for college, and I'm planning on getting a MacBook Pro (the $2500 model). I won't be leaving til August, and I already have the money to buy one. Should I go ahead and buy it now, or will apple most likely release a newer model by August?
  2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

    Oct 31, 2006
    If you can wait. At the very least you will get a free ipod in the summer when they start the promotion again. At most you'd get the ipod plus a newer model. If you don't need it now, it's always good to wait. However, you probably want to get it a month or so before you leave to get everything set up properly and make sure there are no issues.
  3. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816


    Jan 15, 2008
    Do you want it now? Then buy it now. Would you rather wait? Then wait. Kind of difficult for us to say whether someone should or shouldnt wait for new models, but I've found the Buyer's Guide helpful.
  4. danvan21 macrumors regular

    Mar 27, 2008
    im going to college in august also i and i decided to wait for a couple of reasons

    -possibility of a redesign
    -greater possibility of an upgrade
    -free ipod deal
  5. CWallace macrumors 603


    Aug 17, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Supposedly a new form factor is coming in June/July, so you might as well wait if you don't need it right now. If nothing else, you should be able to get a deal on the current models as they are phased out of stock.
  6. asmallchild macrumors regular

    Nov 25, 2007
    i went the other way

    not looking for the headaches of a 1st generation product

    and i'd be busy as heck july thru september so I figured I might as well jump aboard early

    i spent the whole week wrapped up in my new mbp :D

Share This Page