Buy Online - Pick Up at AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zanzibar321, Jun 14, 2010.

1. zanzibar321 macrumors newbie

Is there any way for me to pay for the iPhone 4 tomorrow when pre-ordering it and then pick it up at an AT&T store on the 24th?

2. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

No, pre-orders can be picked up starting on the 25th.

3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i highly recommend pre ordering online and getting it sent to your house/work. it will arrive on the 24th.

4. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Yes to the first part, but, no, it has to be picked up on the 25th at the AT&T store.

5. iPadztr macrumors 6502

good info here.. but OT real quick... can you pre-order through AT&T or apple store/BB/RS only?

6. CJayC macrumors 6502

Why the hell do they have to pick it up a day after it's released?

7. bmms8 macrumors 68020

you can use all 4 outlets.

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

Probably to encourage pre-order people to take delivery at home/work and not add to the expected in-store crowds. Instead of standing in line you can sit at your home or office and let the delivery company do the work.

9. UneElle macrumors member

Buy Online - Pick Up at AT&T

Sorry for the stupid ???'s, but this will be my 1st pre-order. I have a 3G with unlimited data plan, but my hubby has a simple LG phone. We're both eligible for an iPhone 4 upgrade, and he wants to switch to an iPhone. I understand I can pre-order online and have them both shipped to my home, and I can activate my replacement iPhone via iTunes, and have all my contacts, photos, texts, etc., transferred. But since my hubby's a new iPhone(r) and would like his contacts transferred to his new 4, must he go to the store to activate and have them transfer his contacts? Second question is do you select your data plan when you pre-order online or when you activate via iTunes? Thanks for any help you might give me. And if it's been answered before, I couldn't find it.

10. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

He doesn't have to go to the store to activate his new iPhone. Everything is done via iTunes, but he can go and have his contacts transferred though.

11. UneElle macrumors member

Thank you SO MUCH for the quick and courteous response!:)