Buy Only What you Need

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hamlinspahn, Apr 12, 2010.

1. hamlinspahn macrumors regular

Ok it's time we all stop buying every thing Apple makes, they are getting lazy and getting behind the hardware curve, if we keep buying like we have they will keep making substandard products, their profits keep going up month after month, lets all vote for better products with our checkbooks. Not calling on a boycott I can't live without my Apple products but I might be able to wait a few months before I do buy. This is how you get in touch with the money people send them an email about your thought on the current hardware offering compared to "pick someone" and how you get more for less money. investor_relations@apple.com

And post your thought here as well I might be projecting my own feeling on everyone.:apple:

2. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Yes I agree i am sure I phone os 4 is going to be an extreme disappointment and the iPad is a joke when compared to a Windows 7 Intel Atom tablet.

3. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

Personally, I find it silly that Apple STILL does not have Core i processors in their flagship models - 21" iMac and Macbook Pro. However, it sounds like it may be just around the bend... I hope its within two weeks! I just bought a PC i5 laptop, and I can return it for 15 days... :)

4. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

I agree Dell has had i3, i5 and even the i7 in their laptops for a while. The i7 is in the Studio Xps 16 which competes with the 15 Macbook Pro so if Apple doesn't have a i7 in the 15 Macbook Pro I will be very disappointed.

The Studio Xps 16 even has the option for a quadcore: Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Quad Core Processor 1.6GHz (2.8GHz Turbo Mode, 6MB Cache)

5. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

The iPad isn't a tablet, the modbook is.

6. Guiguiga macrumors regular

Guiguiga

I agree!

We are overpaying for hardware! Apple is in a very comfortable position. In 2009, 4 of my friends bought macs because it was the new trend, they look cool, and still is symbol of status.

That's really bad. People are spending their money with apple products and they know nothing about computers. It's just for the coolness. I hate to see people buying iPads; what a useless piece of hardware.

It's very funny when asking older people about macs, they always say... "oh.. it's good for graphics, right?" That's all they know about it.

C'mom people I agree that Mac OS is fantastic, but hardware wise, Apple is really falling behind.

I hope the new MBP come out tomorrow 04/13, but I'll only buy if substantial improvements were made. Otherwise I'll be getting a refurbished 09 MBP or even a decent PC laptop with windows 7. It ain't that bad.

Anyone hoping for a tomorrow release?

7. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Yep. Time to swear off apple. Must go and buy one of the fine pc's like the.....oh, that's right, they are all crap.

This issue is about apple becoming more main stream, and that is a good thing.

8. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Yep. Apple has really gone down hill since they stopped testing people for their computer smarts before they let them into the apple store.

9. Hmac macrumors 68020

You're wasting your time spouting this on MacRumors. The mainstream and vast bulk of Apple's customers don't visit here.

10. Hmac macrumors 68020

And more successful than they have been in 30 years.

11. rootsmaneuver macrumors member

OP,

your sentiments are heard loud and clear. i couldn't agree more. i've been using Apple computers since 1985 and have seen a lot of Apple's behavior as a dis to the long time Apple users and professionals.

things like pulling firewire and expresscard slots from macbooks and not offering anti-glare for on certain products and filling machines with old specs/lack of upgrade options/difficult to upgrade situation has upset me plenty.

The next Mac I buy will be a Mac Pro. iMac would be nice but it lacks eSATA and lacks upgradeability in other areas.

12. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Those users though, alone will keep the market share at sub-5%

Not good for the company, not good for the share holders.

13. scifind macrumors newbie

People: Buy Only What you Want!

#1: It's your money. Do whatever you want with it and tell others to mind their own business. If you don't fergin like Apple, then don't fergin buy it!

#2. If one applies "Buy Only What you Need," then >99% of us could still be using an old 386. These computers still can do good word processing, spreadsheets, and lots of other stuff. Heck, my dusty old Apple II with its 2MHz 6502 CPU still can run VisiCalc and Apple Writer. I did lots of papers and projects with this system. For many individual's needs, the Apple II or just about any old computer of that time, would still complete those needs.

#3. We all just have gotten spoiled with faster and faster computers. As for computer needs, it is very easy to justify a "need" (or lack of one) for a new computer. All relative...

Any questions? See item #1 again.

14. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Amen!

15. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

It took all the way to post #13 to state the obvious?

I run the entire Adobe Creative Suite + Quark 8 on a 2.4 AL iMac w/4 gigs ram and it handles it all without even breaking a sweat. And I'm talking multi hundred meg Photoshop files and 100+ page documents with gigs of links.

Plus everything else a family with 2 small kids has -- 10,000+ photos, hundreds of iMovie/iDVD videos, tons of iTunes downloads.

Never a hiccup, things happen instantly all the time, every time.

If you dont do more than that, then even a C2D is plenty.

Its a numbers game. Damn Subaru WRX/STis will do 0-60 in like 4 seconds, so why are they always in the slow lane doing 65 mph and blocking traffic? Coulda got a Yugo instead.

16. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

agreed