Buy or wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alexcb, Oct 20, 2010.

  1. alexcb macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2010
    #1
    Hello all. My two dell computers recently gave out, and i'm in the market for a new system. I'm loving the MBP, specifically the 13 inch because of my budget. However, the C2D looks very weak to me. So, here i am, asking whether or not I should wait til an update in which, hopefully, the i3 will appear in the 13 inch, or buy now.

    I am a high school student and will be leaving for college next year. I will use the computer for word processing, web browsing, and casual gaming(SC2.) I also use photoshop casually to edit photos.

    I also want the system i buy to last me quite a while. Hopefully through my first 4 years of college until i start earning. I'm currently switching between various dell laptops that belong to my brothers and one to my mother. I can afford to wait til a new update. But it would be very convenient to buy soon so i can have my own system.

    Any thoughts?
     
  2. nwbusa macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2010
    Location:
    BC, Canada
    #2
    Since we don't don't know when the next MBP update will be or what it will consist of, waiting to buy based on the hope that certain features will be available is a risk.
     
  3. alexcb thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2010
    #3
    Point taken. However, can anyone give me some input as to whether or not the current C2D will suffice for my needs. Or will the updated processor on the new 13, whenever it does come out, completely blow it out of the water?

    If the C2D will suffice, and the system will last me through collge. I'd be more than willing to buy now. Any advices?
     
  4. bigcat macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2008
    #4
    Go ahead and buy the C2D now. You'll be just fine doing what you listed. There is also nothing concrete to wait for.
     

Share This Page