Buy OR Wait

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sleetq8, Aug 19, 2011.

  1. sleetq8 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2009
    #1
    Hello all,

    I'm thinking to change my late macbook 13in late 2008 with new macbook pro 13in,

    is it worth to do this change or should I wait for new macbook model to purchase (please tell me if you expecting any new model of macbook 13in soon that worth to wait for it rather than get new one now)


    PS: someone offers $750 to my macbook.
     
  2. jbyun04 macrumors 6502a

    jbyun04

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2008
    Location:
    Canada
    #2
    if someone's offering you $750 for an 08 MacBook you should sell it ASAP.

    2011 13" Pro is a big upgrade over what you have.
     
  3. jsoto macrumors regular

    jsoto

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2010
    Location:
    Chicago
    #3
    +1 ;)
     
  4. jbyun04 macrumors 6502a

    jbyun04

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2008
    Location:
    Canada
    #4
    like.. go do it NOW type of thing

    Refurb 2010 MacBooks go for $899 :D
     
  5. sleetq8 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2009
    #5
    almost I will go with it.. but are you sure there is no big upgrade soon..!?

    and is there big diff between i5 and i7..!?
     
  6. r0k macrumors 68040

    r0k

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2008
    Location:
    Detroit
    #6
    The upgrades this year went something like this:

    MBP --- early spring - HUGE boost from previous models

    iMac --- late spring - moderate boost

    Mac Mini and Macbook Air --- mid summer - huge boost from previous models

    So if you buy a Mac now, you are not likely faced with "new model regret" for almost 6 months. You do know about the MR buyers' guide, right? Avoid buying anything with a red light but yellow is pretty safe and green means new product.
     
  7. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2011
    #7
    I'd take the $750 offer for your MacBook and put it towards the new MacBook Pro 13".
     
  8. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

    jmpnop

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2010
    #9
    2011 MBP is a huge upgrade over what you have, definitely worth it. The difference between i5 and i7 isn't huge, if you don't use intensive apps go with the i5.
     
  9. njsa04playa macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2010
    Location:
    new joisey
    #10
    yes, so buy now
     
  10. will waters macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2011
    Location:
    Great Britain
    #11
    Same position

    I am in the same position as you, I am waiting for the new MBP :)
     
  11. Willo3G macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2010
    #12
    Yea im waiting too, for now im good with my ipad 2 and imac.
     

Share This Page