Buy PB now or wait for Tiger?

NewToMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2005
4
0
Hi all,

I am new to here, great forum!!

I am currently a Windows user, and MAC has never been more than a "nice looking gadget" to me. However, lately, MAC has drawn into my attention. The more I look at it, the more i want it. It is even more unresistable hearing all the praise about OSX.

The question is, should i get it now or wait for Tiger? I know Tiger is said to be introduced in the first half of 2005, however, on the other hand, the New PB line up has just been introduced. When do you think Tiger will be ready to ship with PB? If that's within 6 months, I think i will wait. At the mean time, I will put the money into the apple stock, and hopefully it will generate some extra cash for build a better PB. :p

Seeing the trend, Apple is more superior in the digital arena (at least i feel that way. Ipod and in general professionals use apple for their digital work), therefore, I do have a lot of expection on its stock. What do you all think?

thanks
 

kindofblue

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2004
7
0
Well, a lot of that depends on what you're doing right now. If you're a student about to go to college, I would definitely wait for Tiger, but if you're not, you could go both ways... Wait for Tiger if you have a heavier wallet.
 

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
16,568
0
If you aren't in need of a new computer right now, then I would highly recommend waiting. Until all the PowerBooks are sold that already have Panther on them are sold. If you purchase around the time of the release, Apple wii set the requirements. Then you can purchase Tiger for $19.95, essentially S&H.
 

NewToMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2005
4
0
Thanks all for your help

Thanks for all that replied.

I think I am going to wait for Tiger. My PC is still fairely new (<1 year), so I don't have to have it now. Thanks again.
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.