Buy Penryn MBP or Wait Till June?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Vyrseus, Feb 27, 2008.

  1. Vyrseus macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2008
    #1
    I've been debating if whether I should get the Penryn MBP 17" MBP or just wait for the Montevina based MBP. What I don't know is, is it worth it to wait? How much better is Montevina compared to the Penryn MBP? I play on using it for College/University so I would be using it a lot, and probably keep it for 2-4 years.
     
  2. ziwi macrumors 65816

    ziwi

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2004
    Location:
    Right back where I started...
    #2
    if you need it buy it if not then there is no harm in waiting. Only you can make your buying decisions...:)
     
  3. lucky3killer macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2007
    #3
    I feel that new MBP with Montevina will have GeForce 9 series like 9600 GT or related.

    If you want feel like future then wait for it.

    If you feel need own laptop now then buy it now.
     
  4. Vyrseus thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2008
    #4
    What are the major differences between the Santa vs Montevina? Is the Montevina that much better compared to the Santa in terms of performance?
     
  5. amac4me macrumors 65816

    amac4me

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2005

Share This Page