Buy RAM from Toronto store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jimray, Apr 25, 2012.

1. jimray macrumors member

Hi there, I live in the GTA and would prefer to just go pick up the RAM rather than order it online. Tigerdirect doesn't carry the RAM I need in their stores, and wintronic computers only has low speed RAM. Anyone know a place to go buy some? I'm thinking Corsair 1333 or faster, either 8GB (2x4) or 16GB (2x8).

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

have you tried FutureShop or Best Buy?

I know in Hamilton the cheapest places to by RAM is just your local PC shops

Is there any Summitt Directs in GTA?

3. jimray thread starter macrumors member

Futureshop and best buy say Online Only for the RAM.

I don't even mind paying a little more, I just want to be able to go pick it up. I'd even drive to Hamilton. (I actually live in Mississauga)

I'll check out Summitt Direct and see if they have the RAM in store. Thx

4. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

Head into the store and check it out. I picked up my RAM and SSD from Best Buy here in the states and it said online only. I guess the website isn't that accurate, when I went to the store they had a decent amount of RAM choices and quite a few different SSDs despite the website saying they only carried 1 SSD in store. If I were you I would just take a quick ride, it can't hurt after all.

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

also dont foget there is a TigerDirect in Burlington that would be even closer than Hamilton

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/retailstores/burlington.asp

6. MOKHAN macrumors 6502

Hmm, have you tried CanadaComputers?
    Let me know what you buy, I'm in the same boat here in Toronto.

7. jimray thread starter macrumors member

I am really happy with the way it turned out. I bought it at a place called Core 1 in Oakville (link below). It's seems to only sell apple and it's setup is nice. They seem semi official in there. They charge a high price for the RAM, however he price matched me the big box store's online only price for the crucial 4Gb 1333Mhz, two for $70. Offered to install it for $25, but I took it home, installed it in a snap and the mac is working awesome!

So yea I would certainly recommend the place, I'll probably end up back there another time myself.

http://core1.ca/Dev/

P.S. I double checked, the best buys defiantly don't have it in their stores in the GTA.

8. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

There's really no need for them to be defiant about it. :eek: