Buy Refreshed MBP On Release or Wait for Refubs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TorontoLRT, Feb 20, 2011.

1. TorontoLRT macrumors 6502

I'm on a very tight budget (taking money from a long-term fun NOT meant for laptop purchases) but also need a replacement laptop fairly urgently, as my current Toshiba experienced a hard drive failure. Should I buy a refreshed MBP when they're released, wait for refurbs to hit, or wait for Lion? I'd love to wait, but I'd rather not go through four months of school without a laptop.

2. hcho3 macrumors 68030

The refurbs take about 2-3 months wait before you see them at apple store. You are better off finding a friend who works at apple store.

3. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

if you're on so tight a budget then you really have no other choice than to wait.

4. mdgm macrumors 6502a

Are you a teacher or a student? Have you checked to see if you qualify for the education discount?

5. aaps59 macrumors regular

aaps59

If you need a computer just wait a few days for the MBP. Dont wait for Lion

6. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

How about buying a replacement hard drive & replace the failed one in your current notebook & then wait till you have enough money to get a MBP? :confused:

7. TorontoLRT thread starter macrumors 6502

^Trust me. The computer is beyond repair. I thought of buying a cheap Windows laptop, but what's the point when I have to replace it in two years anyway? Better to get the best and keep it.

8. CopperX macrumors member

+100000

What's up with the reasoning behind "oh my hard drive failed, I need a new computer"?