Buy refurb mac book now or wait until new ones come out?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by danielpicasso, Aug 9, 2008.

1. danielpicasso macrumors member

danielpicasso

I want to buy a mac book to try fusion out for a while before making a bigger investment. Its important that it works because its for my business. After i am done with the mac book i will give to my 9 year old for school.
    Should I buy a refurb or wait for the new mac books ( i know we will not know what will be coming out but you all are more experienced to know what to expect than me)

Thanx

2. HTrig macrumors member

the current rumors and advice all point towards an update by the end of september. probably sporting more multitouch and an aluminium case. I personally would wait for that but i don't know how important this purchase is for your work.

on a side note macrumors has a very useful tracking page for the update cycles of most apple products the link bellow will point you towards the macbook advice

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#MacBook

3. jroller macrumors regular

I agree with HTrig and would wait, if you don't need/want to buy now.

4. danielpicasso thread starter macrumors member

danielpicasso

If they annouced a new replcement for the mac book say, mid sept. Would I typically be able to still get a refurb of the mac books that are out now? BTW, the basic 120 HD is $899. nice price

5. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

If there is an update in sept (and I think, yea), there will be some good refurbs and some reduced new-old-stock.

6. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

If you need it now, get it now, otherwise wait.