buy refurb macbook pro now or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by samir684, Sep 29, 2008.

1. samir684 macrumors newbie

i'm looking to buy a refurbished 15" macbook pro from apple. should i wait for the rumored new mb pros to be released? will the price be affected at all by a new release? also, any significant different in 256mb video card vs 512mb? is it worth the extra 300 bucks?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Uh, yes.

Uh, the current model will get that price.

And no, it's not a measurable change.

3. samir684 thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm still skeptical that apple will drop the cost for a refurb mb pro to less than 1700. i'd consider that a steal..

thanks for the help though.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I'm fairly confident that the models will just slide down and the price points will stay where they are.

5. carlgo macrumors 68000

Maybe you could wait until the new one is out, check out the price/feature situation and then make a decision. Just guessing now.

I presume refurbs will be available for a while and in any case the old model will be discounted heavily. I got my Pro at an independent dealer on a closeout and saved around $500.

This is actually more computer than what I need, but the big sharp screen, great keyboard and all is nice stuff and now it is paid off and I'll keep it for a long time until some software issues make it obsolete.

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

My thoughts exactly. Wait for the updates, then, if the bells and whistles don't hugely appeal, I suggest you aim for a refurb as the discounts should be quite generous. Besides, the updates may not be as significant as considered in some quarters.

Cheers and good luck