Buy/sell advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gui0312, Jul 19, 2015.

1. gui0312 macrumors regular

gui0312

Hi everyone,

I ma currently contemplating selling my 27" iMac non-retina and MBPr 13" for a new iMac 27" retina 3.5ghz with the fusion drive.

The reason is due to space concerns in my old place I had my iMac in a secluded room and I hardly ever used it. I had bought the MBPr for school and I had an iPad Air 2 and used them both, however since being in my new house now I have a nook in my living room that my iMac fits perfectly in and doesn't feel secluded, that and others in the family can use it as well. The problem is that ever since dealing with my retina MacBook and iPad, the iMac text just looks awful and takes forever to load things (I suspect from me getting used to the SSD on the LT) The colors aren't as nice either, I checked out a retina iMac at BB and I was blown away. I don't do video editing, I do some photo editing mainly with aperture or the new photos app., but this is strictly hobby level, not a pro. I do write papers for school and read a lot on the Internet and play some games. I feel I don't use the laptop as much anymore and mostly handle the iPad air2 at school or when I'm away from the desk at home.

If I were to get the iMac retina 3.5 currently on sale for 2,099 and stay with my iPad air 2 for school (maybe add a keyboard for functionality) then sell the current iMac and MBPr it would probably equal out. Thoughts?

Also since using the ios9 multitasking beta on the air 2 has really been great for school the last week.

Thanks all!

2. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

It sounds like you know what you want and have made up your mind. Go for it.

3. pjfan macrumors regular