Buy soon or wait a few months for SL?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ari gold, Nov 19, 2008.

  1. ari gold macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2008
    #1
    Just like the title says. I'm new to the Mac game and plan on buying a unibody MB soon, but if SL offers significant speed differences then I would rather wait for it and not buy the DVD when its released. But then again, I want my unibody now :D So I ask, should I wait or jump in? Thanks!
     
  2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2006
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    #2
    It won't be out until June. I don't care what the recent rumors say, they won't make the first quarter of 2009.

    Snow Leopard is too good an opportunity to pass up for WWDC, either.

    "You'll all be going home with a retail copy of Snow Leopard today."

    See?
     
  3. svndmvn Guest

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2007
    Location:
    Italy
    #3
    buy it now or on Black Friday!
    Even if Snow Leopard is out by March or whatever I wouldn't update before 10.6.2 is out
    I know i'm buying one in January and updating to SL when that update's available
     
  4. Lux1 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2008
    #4
    Depends

    It depends on your situation. If your current computer is dragging and it's really time for an upgrade, then go for it.

    My advice would be to wait. I was about to buy a new white macbook a couple months ago, but rumors started popping up about new laptops so I waited. I can't begin to imagine how frusturated I would have been if I had bought one, only to watch shiny aluminum ones come out a month later.

    I still am waiting, however, for bug fixes and SL. My current laptop does the job fine, so I can easily wait 'till June to purchase a new laptop.
     

Share This Page