Buy Stock MacPro or Custom on this days!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Cromas, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Cromas macrumors member

Cromas

Hi I think: well if I buy a stock mac pro from amazon.com by example, maybe have bad issues, reboot after sleep... or something beacuse maybe are the first mac pros that comming out. So if order a custom MacPro on apple.com maybe the new MacPro are fixed with all that possible bad Issues, and more tested beacuse is a custom mac.

My comment that has sense??? Apple works of that way, fix things immediatily that appear bad things?

thanks! comments?

2. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

I bought a stock configuration from MacConnection last week and I have had none of the problems mentioned by other users. The machine had 10.5.1 preloaded on it which may mean it is an earlier build. I wonder if any of the recent builds come with 10.5.2....

Anyway, I don't think that the BTO's get any more QA than standard configurations.

You are going to love your new MP - go for it! If you get a bad one, Apple will make it right for you.

3. Cromas thread starter macrumors member

Cromas

how much Squonk?

hi Squonk, Ill buy from maconnection in this week, how much price you pay for the 2.8 default mac pro? you have a good service from macconnection?

thanks!

4. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Just something to think about. If you buy a stock then you can return it if there are problems. A hassle, but at least it is fairly quick. If you go with the custom order and you have issues, you can't return it and will have to wait for them to fix it.

5. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

I very nearly chose to purchase my MP off of Amazon.com because of the lack of taxes and because I'm an Amazon Prime member. I instead chose to order directly from Apple to avoid any potential issues and still wound up with a dud (sleep/reboot issue). This was just two weeks ago.

6. Cromas thread starter macrumors member

Cromas

my choose

yeah I think on amazon default or a custom, I want no problems! on both cases I cant return it... beacuse Iam outside USA.