Hey guys! I'm a total newbie! At the beginning of the year, I planned buying a MBP in July for my school...erm..graduation (I hope you know what I'm trying to say^^ I'm Austrian ). I was so carzy for it... But then I started following the entire speculation-period and decided to wait for the redesigned notebooks. And finally my craze became a little more bearable! Finally the new MBs and MBPs are here - and I still don't know what to do. University starts in October 2009 (!), so I don't necessarily need a notebook for work. The only real reasons for buying it NOW would be: - i could have lots of fun with it, - i could get used to mac, - i could satisfy my "thirst"....... So, what am I waiting for? I could wait for an upgrade... maybe there'll be a bigger hard disc or whatever... I doubt I would need it, because the mbPRO is extremely powerful already. Another thing that really bothers me: What about those so-called "new-product defects" [edit: than could occur]? What if after some months or after half a year suddenly a defects starts to appear in many of the redesigned MacBooks?? Then I'd be so pissed!!!!! In how far is the 1-year buyer's guarantee on my side when it comes to these defects?? To be honest, I'm still not quite sure wether to buy the MB or the MBP...but I'll have it for the next years and then it'll be my only computer, so I'd really appreciate a bigger screen, especially for watching movies and photoshopping.. Anyway. Thanks for your advice!! Best regards from Austria!