Buy this MBP deal or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by drteeth, Jan 12, 2010.

  1. drteeth macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    #1
    There is a local guy that is selling a 15" MBP with the following specs and accessories:

    New unibody style
    2.8 GHz
    500 GB 7200 RPM HD
    4 GB RAM
    OS X 10.5.8
    Dual video cards
    Windows Vista Ultimate (64bit) with COA
    Bluetooth Apple keyboard
    Bluetooth Apple Mighty Mouse
    Rain Design mStand
    Extra wall charger
    Mini display port to DVI adapter
    Mini display port to VGA adapter

    Final Cut Pro HD Studio (with CDs)
    iLife '08

    and some other windows apps that he won't include discs for so I won't include in the benefits.

    All in original box with manuals, CDs, etc.

    He's selling all for $1800. My current 3.5 year old MBP has had some issues for the past few months (keyboard and trackpad don't ever work, wifi works intermittently) and I've been carrying around a keyboard and mouse with me wherever I go. I'm a little anxious to get a new one but know (or 90% sure) that there will be something announced at the end of this month.

    I know it's just opinions, but that's what I'm looking for, but should I go through with this deal? He's sent me any photo or screenshot I've asked for and I will see it in person this afternoon. Would it be worth it to wait a bit longer for a possible upgrade? Do you think the upgrade will be significant?

    Thanks for any opinions or advice!
     
  2. techound1 macrumors 68000

    techound1

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2006
    #2
    Go for it! It's got some nice features - the 7200rpm 500gb is nothing to sneeze at. If you don't need all the goodies, you can sell them off to lower your price.
     
  3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

    thegoldenmackid

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2006
    Location:
    dallas, texas

Share This Page