Buy through online Apple Store, return to physical store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macrumorsuser10, Apr 17, 2011.

1. macrumorsuser10 macrumors 6502

I'm thinking of buying a laptop and the iPad 2 through Apple's online store. If I have problems with the units, can I exchange or return them through one of Apple's physical brick and mortar store?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, you can take them to the physical stores for service. As far as exchanges, the BTO Macs are not all available in stores, so it depends on the configuration.

3. hwp16 macrumors newbie

From a former employee (I know nobody ever believes that but OH WELL :D)...

You can have your products serviced through any genius bar. If your products require significant repairs and are very new (say less than a month old) then it is likely the products will be simply swapped out there and then for you. This is at the manager's discretion but it was a common occurrence.

However, you cannot simply return the product to the store for an exchange or refund if you have just changed your mind etc, it has to be sent back to the online store. At least this was the case in the UK.

They can swap defective products because it will go through as a genius bar service, and not through the tills as a return (very simple way of explaining it, not really any need for detail...)

4. dslrjunky macrumors regular

hi how about a product thats not in stock but less than a month? I bought an open box from bb, and this just occured to me if something where to happen to my mbp does apple store stock previous generation mbp?if they cant repair it there.. (MBP 15" i5 )