Buy today or wait for 1.1.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by satcomtim, Sep 18, 2007.

1. satcomtim macrumors newbie

I have read all the threads about unlocking and the soon 1.1.1 update and trying to decide if it would be best to unlock with 1.0.2 and update to 1.1.1 when its proven to work with unlocks. Or wait for 1.1.1 and see what happens.

Flame me if you will and and most will probably say its a personal decision. Oh well, any insights/thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tim

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

If you're going to unlock it, I'd wait to the 1.1.1 update and see what happens.

Especially after reading Erica's TUAW commentary on how differently (and apparently well) locked down the Touch is. Who knows if 1.1.1. will do the same for the iPhone?

3. sJv macrumors regular

It's almost certain that the iPhone will be locked up the same as the Touch. If you want an unlocked phone, your best bet is to buy one with 1.0.2 and unlock it ASAP. Eventually, 1.1.1 will be cracked, but it may take a while.

-steve

4. Bambeezer macrumors regular

Can the firmware versions be interchanged? For example if you buy an iPhone with whatever new version is out, and it doesn't work with unlock, could you just flash to an older one that supports an unlock or any feature you want?

B