Buy Two Phones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacMonkey13, Jul 22, 2008.

1. MacMonkey13 macrumors member

I am the primary on a Family Talk 2 phone bill. Can I buy 2 IPhones for the two of us on the bill w/o my wife being present? What do I need to bring to show for her phone? Is the FamilyTalk ATT bill enough?

2. tallen macrumors newbie

tallen

I'm not sure if things have changed since the phone first came out, but my AT&T had a strict one phone per person policy. People who wanted more than one phone brought an extra person with them. Then they should let you set up the both phones on your family plan.

3. MacMonkey13 thread starter macrumors member

I'd be going to an Apple store out of state to confuse things even more. Would that help/hinder?

4. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

as long as you are the primary account holder, you can buy two phones (and two contracts)

5. MacMonkey13 thread starter macrumors member

Will I have to activate both IPhones at purchase? The reason I ask is that my wife will be back home with her RAZR and if I activate the IPhone, hers won't work.

6. cshale210 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

just so you know apple cannot upgrade existing family plan lines. I got turned to an AT&T store on opening day. You can open a new family account but you cannot upgrade one.