Buy unibody mbp now or wait for snow leopard

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by armenakadino, Feb 10, 2009.

  1. armenakadino macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2008
    #1
    I am planning to buy a macbook pro my question is should I buy now or wait for snow leopards release, I dont want to buy the computer and right after snow leopard is released. Does anybody have an idea when snow leopard will be released.
     
  2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

    kastenbrust

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2008
    Location:
    North Korea
    #2
    Official Announcement: June (WWDC)

    Public Release for Purchase: July/August
     
  3. Vulcan macrumors 65816

    Vulcan

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2008
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    #3
    Used to be Q1, now it's pushed back even further. Sometime this year.
     
  4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2006
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    #4
    It was never Q1... :confused:

    Last year in June, Steve said June 2009.
     
  5. arthursiew macrumors 6502

    arthursiew

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2008
    Location:
    SF Bay Area
    #5
    Snow Leopard will probably release in June. If you need the computer now... just get it. Apple always does these things to people. iLife '09 is only $10 for those who bought it within a certain timeframe. Probably Snow Leopard will be about the same... but it's going to be later this year.
     
  6. armenakadino thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2008
    #6

    How much would it be for a upgrade with out the discount, just want to know incase I do buy it now
     
  7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2006
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    #7
    $129.
     
  8. detz macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2007
    #8
    Which usually includes 5 license so have a play-date with your "brothers" and it's cheaper.
     
  9. Scottsdale macrumors 601

    Scottsdale

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2008
    Location:
    U.S.A.
    #9
    No, it's $199 for five licenses.

    Also, a way to consider current license is to do a Mac Box Set. Leopard, iLife 09, and iWork 09 for $169. That's a cheap deal to upgrade one, or upgrade up to five in a house for $229.

    That's off the subject of Snow Leopard though. I guess if you want a computer now, buy it, then buy Snow Leopard and upgrade in six months for $129. It will be worth the upgrade.
     
  10. iSimx macrumors 6502

    iSimx

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2007
    #10
    Personally, I would wait. I'm in the same position as you and am waiting for snow leopard, which I know is in June/July/August. But that's fine... I'm currently running leopard on my imac which is great, but I don't fancy buying snow leopard on top the macbook pro (It's expensive enough as it is)
     

Share This Page