Buy when School-offer comes, or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sommer, May 24, 2009.

1. Sommer macrumors member

Hey folks,

So I am new to all this Mac thingy, but have had my first imported iPhone from US for about 1½ year now (the 1st gen) and it still works like a flaw. So now I thought: Ok, doing only photoshop and dreamweaver and of course a bit of texting it must be time to get something your eyes loves as well..

So here we go: MacBook 2.4GHz, 4GB memory and a 250 GB harddrive.

I am aware that there will come an offer for students very soon and hopefully it also applies here in Denmark. I really would like a new printer (or well, just an iPod for resale).

I quickly was looking through this forum, but I couldn't find my answer. So sorry if this is a repost.

I of course is interested in "what might come soon", but on the other hand I want to be sure that I can keep my 10.000DKK budget (w/o taxes) which is around 12.000DKK ~ 2248,64 US DOLLARS as of today(yup, that is what the MacBook costs over here specified as above). Expensive toy...

However I am as said a bit afraid. If they presents a new model on this WWsomething fair (which I expect must be soon?) will the discontinue to sell the Unibody MacBook as I want at the same time?

I just don't want to wait to realize that the "design" I love is gone, and that I need to live with another design that I dislikes. On the other hand I don't want to throw off 2248,64 US DOLLARS on it when school-offer starts, if I can get something better in the same design for the same amount of money.

You know what I mean? What to do?

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

When the MacBooks are next updated, it will not include a redesign of the case. The current unibody design is relatively new and here for awhile.

They may or may not be updated around WWDC. I am not really expecting a MacBook announcement there.

3. Sommer thread starter macrumors member

Thanks so far.

Then I think I will wait those couple of weeks and hope it does not get more expensive.