Buyer Beware - iPhone / O2 replacement policy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by poodlebra, Jul 30, 2009.

1. poodlebra macrumors newbie

My iPhone has developed an intermittent fault after only 10 days - every now and again when receiving a call/sms, the screen just goes blank white, and the only way to get a response is to switch the phone off and back on.

A factory restore didn't resolve the matter. After two calls to Apple they said they'd take it back to test, and possibly send a replacement. All of which would take two weeks! For a 10-day old unit!

I took it back to the O2 store, but they'd only replace it if I could demonstrate the fault. As it's intermittent this wasn't really feasible.

Since I only signed my contract with O2 13 days ago I'm cancelling it and starting another one. A bit of an extreme measure, but the only way around it.

Apparently, signing up to a business tariff gets you next day handset replacement. Something to bear in mind.

2. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Take it to an Apple store for a no question asked replacement. www.apple.com/uk/retail

3. poodlebra thread starter macrumors newbie

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

That's gotta' suck big time. Plus the hassle of returning it and canceling the contract, only to start a new one.....:(

5. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Easy solution - move to Glasgow. ;)