Buyer Beware: SGP Store

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Azxster, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Azxster macrumors newbie

I would like to honestly share my experience about SGPStore.com (Steinheil).

Based on the numerous positive reviews in the Forums at MacRumors, I placed an order for my iPad and iPod Touch films at SGP. Three weeks later (SGP took forever to ship the product since I ordered a skin from Bestskinsever at the same time and it arrived in less than two weeks; shipping from China to Canada does not even take 3 weeks), I received a bashed up package. Fortunately, the iPad film was not creased; the packaging at BSE is a lot better because it is shipped in a hard envelope.

I ordered a Crystal Clear film for my iPod Touch 1G but I received the film for a 2G/3G. I sent an email to customer service explaining my situation but did not receive a response. So I sent another email a few days later and the Representative responded with an apology and stated that they will ship the correct product.

Two weeks later, I received the same product as originally, which is not the product I ordered. I emailed the Representative and she asked me to send her a photo of the product I received. I did and she claims that the product they shipped is the correct one. It isn't because I opened the package and placed it on top of the iPod Touch 1G; it was slightly too big. I emailed her back requesting for a refund and how to return the product but did not receive a response. A few days later, I emailed again and I still have not received a response.

Now, I am going to trim the film and try to make it fit but I shouldn't because the packaging states "size to specifically fit the mobile device!" Will I buy from SGP again? Highly unlikely due to their bad customer service (or false advertising) and there are alternatives (PowerSupport and BodyGuardz).

2. taskmanager macrumors regular

That sucks. There are better ones. My xoskins for my ipad came in a hard capped tube. There was no way the bumbling post office could crush it, unless they ran over it with a fork lift. I guess bse is upping their packaging. I ordered one form them years ago and it came in a paper envelope.

3. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep