buyer beware

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ROGERWILCO357, Sep 11, 2009.

1. ROGERWILCO357 macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

Ok I bought one of the ipod 32 gig with the rebate in the mail. Nice unit now one month later they came out with the faster touch and it has A longer battery life which is something I like so I will be buying the 64 gig this week, but I think I will wait for best buy to get them in so I can get there warranty. Since I found out if you buy any ipod and have it engraved you cannot return it no matter what for your money back . You have A standard 14 day return policy if you don't like it get your money back . But if you open it you get the 10 percent restock fee. And if it is engraved you are out of luck ..Now I say buyer beware because no where does it state that when they push the FREE Engraving , parents are like ohh I want to engrave it for free and that voids any return . So if you get it and don't like the color too bad or want A different model too bad ..I think they should say FREE ENGRAVING BUT NO RETURNS WHAT SO EVER like in the fine print I found..sorry for the long post.

2. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

Buyers Guide- Check there before making any Apple purchase. Oh and:

Attached Files:

3. ROGERWILCO357 thread starter macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

Hard to read

when it's faded , either way could not read it when I was on the phone with A sales rep..he didn't mention it .

4. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

If they send you a costumer survey, be sure to put that. Or submit a feedback. I thought you ordered online.

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

That's actually incorrect. For the old iPod touch, Apple advertised 36 hours of battery life for audio. With the new one they're advertising only 30 hours (or, a 6 hour reduction).

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Shouldn't engraved things not being returnable be kind of obvious?

7. ROGERWILCO357 thread starter macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

yes

I had it engraved as it was A gift to my wife and told her this way no one can sell it or you cannot send it back because I paid so much for it..but I don't like the option stripped away just because ". I like it alot and since my wife works at A hospital she can text me all nite free and on the hospitals wi-fi hot spot yeah.. 'No cell phones allowed" due to the equipment used ..oh well.:rolleyes:

8. mac88 macrumors 6502

You had it engraved. It can't be returned. Enjoy your new iPod.

9. 6daniels macrumors member

Apple was trying to get rid of there old stocks so they can get new ipods. Enjoy your new ipod :D