- Apr 12, 2001
Now that Mother's Day has come to an end and we're heading into June, deals have died down a bit. You can still get a decent discount on an iMac, older iPad, older MacBook Air, or Retina MacBook Pro, but when it comes to newer iPads and Macs, you might want to wait a week or two in case there are good Memorial Day discounts. The exception is the Retina iMac, which is available for the lowest price we've seen.
Best Buy's offering solid discounts on some iPad mini 3 models this week, so it's a good time to pick up one of Apple's smaller tablets. As usual, we've rounded up the best deals on must-have Apple accessories, and we've highlighted the best app sales of the week.
iPad Air 2
B&H Photo is offering a small discount on most of its iPad Air 2 models, dropping prices by $30 to $50. With the discount, the 16GB WiFi only iPad Air 2 is priced at $459 and the 64GB model is priced at $569.
Both Best Buy and B&H Photo have deep discounts on some remaining stock of now-discontinued higher-capacity iPad Air models, as listed below.
- iPad Air Wi-Fi Space Gray 128GB - $549
- iPad Air Cellular Space Gray 128GB (AT&T) - $565
- iPad Air Cellular Silver 64GB (AT&T) - $629
- iPad Air Cellular Space Gray 64GB (AT&T) - $449
- iPad Air Cellular Silver 64GB (Verizon) - $566.99
- iPad Air Cellular Space Gray 64GB (Verizon) - $449
- iPad Air Cellular Silver 128GB (Verizon) - $579
- iPad Air Cellular Space Gray 128GB (Verizon) - $679
iPad mini 3
Best Buy is discounting Wi-Fi only 16GB and 128GB iPad mini 3 models by $50 to $100, resulting in some of the lowest prices we've seen for the higher-capacity models. With the discount, the 128GB Wi-Fi only iPad mini 3 is priced at $499 and the 16GB version is priced at $349.99. Only the Space Gray and Silver models are on sale.
B&H Photo is offering some modest discounts on various iPad mini 3 models, dropping the price by up to $60. The 64GB Cellular iPad mini 3 in gold is priced at $549, while the 16GB Cellular gold version is priced at $469. The Wi-Fi only 128GB iPad mini 3 in Silver is $519, while the 64GB version is priced at $439.
Discounts for each model and and color vary, but most models are being offered at a lower price than you'll find at the Apple Store, and buying from B&H, you won't have to pay sales tax unless you're in New York.
iPad mini 2
Best Buy, B&H Photo, and Amazon have remaining stock of now-discontinued higher-capacity iPad mini 2 models, which are a good deal if you're looking for an iPad mini. Compared to the iPad mini 3, the iPad mini 2 only lacks Touch ID.
- iPad mini Cellular Silver 128GB (AT&T) - $435
- iPad mini Cellular Space Gray 128GB (AT&T) - $449.99
- iPad mini Cellular Space Gray 64GB (AT&T) - $399.99
- iPad mini Cellular Silver 128GB (Verizon) - $499.99
- iPad mini Cellular Space Gray 128GB (Verizon) - $534.99
- iPad mini Cellular Space Gray 64GB (Verizon) - $438.99
- 21.5-inch 2.7GHz/8GB/1TB (Best Buy) (B&H Photo) - $1,199, $100 off
- 21.5-inch 2.9GHz/8GB/1TB (Best Buy) (Adorama) (B&H Photo) (MacMall) - $1,399, $120 off
- 27-inch 3.2GHz/8GB/1TB (Adorama) (B&H Photo) - $1,689, $110 off
- 27-inch 3.4GHz/8GB/1TB (Adorama) (B&H Photo) - $1,794.99, $204 off
- 27-inch 3.5Ghz/8GB/1TB Retina iMac (Best Buy) - $2,249.99, $250 off
- 1.4GHz/4GB/500GB (Amazon) (Adorama) (B&H Photo) - $464.99, $34 off
- 2.6GHz/8GB/1TB (MacMall) - $663.99, $35 off
- 2.8GHz/8GB/1TB (Adorama) (B&H Photo) - $938, $60 off
- 2015 11-inch 1.6GHz/4GB/128GB (Adorama) (B&H Photo) - $824.99, $75 off
- 2015 11-inch 1.6GHz/4GB/256GB (Best Buy) (Amazon) (B&H Photo) (Adorama) - $1044.99, $50 off
- 2015 13-inch 1.6GHz/4GB/128GB (Amazon) (B&H Photo) (Adorama) - $949.99, $50 off
- 2015 13-inch 1.6GHz/4GB/256GB (Best Buy) (Amazon) (B&H Photo) - $1,139.99, $60 off
- 2014 11-inch 1.4GHz/4GB/128GB (B&H Photo) - $749, $150 off
- 2014 11-inch 1.4GHz/4GB/256GB (Adorama) (B&H Photo) - $899, $200 off
- 2014 13-inch 1.4GHz/4GB/128GB (B&H Photo) - $819, $180 off
- 2014 13-inch 1.4GHz/4GB/256GB (B&H Photo) - $999, $200 off
Retina MacBook Pro
- 2015 13-inch 2.7Ghz/8GB/128GB (Amazon) (Adorama) (B&H Photo) - $1,234.99, $64 off
- 2015 13-inch 2.7GHz/8GB/256GB (Best Buy) (B&H Photo) (MacMall) - $1,424.99, $74 off
- 2015 13-inch 2.9GHz/8GB/512GB (Best Buy) (B&H Photo) - $1709.99, $90 off
- 2014 15-inch 2.2GHz/16GB/256GB (Adorama) (MacMall) - $1,799, $200 off
- 2014 15-inch 2.5GHz/16GB/512GB (Adorama) -$2,249, $250 off
- 2014 13-inch 2.6GHz/8GB/128GB (B&H Photo) - $1,079, $220 off
- 2014 13-inch 2.6GHz/8GB/256GB (Adorama) (B&H Photo) - $1,249, $239 off
- 2014 13-inch 2.8GHz/8GB/512GB (B&H Photo) - $1,529 $270 off
There are quite a few apps that are on sale at discounted prices or available for free for a limited time. We'll highlight a few here, but make sure to check out our sister site AppShopper for a complete list.
Mac ID for iOS, an app that lets you unlock your Mac with your iPhone using Touch ID or your Apple Watch, is available for $0.99, down from $2.99. Fighting game Combo Crew is available for free, down from $1.99. Strategy games Squids and Squids Wild West are also available for free, down from $1.99.
Cut the Rope 2 is available for $0.99, down from $2.99. Duet Display, the app that turns your iPad into a second screen for your Mac, is available for $9.99, down from $15.99. AmpliTube and Amplitube for iPad are both available for free this week, down from $19.99.
Puzzle game Quetzalcoatl was named Apple's App of the Week, so it will be free to download until next Thursday when a new app is picked.
LivingSocial has two Apple Lightning cables available for $14.99, regularly $38. Groupon is selling a single set of Apple EarPods for $12.99 or a set of two for $24.99, a decent discount off the regular price of $29, and it has an Apple 5W USB power adapter for $9.99, down from $19.99.
Groupon has Star Wars iPhone cases for the iPhone 4/4s/5/5s for $7.99, regularly $19.99 to $39.99, and it's offering a custom Printerpix case for iPhone 5/5s/6/6 Plus with optional screen protector for $7.99, down from $39.99.
Groupon has the OtterBox Defender Case and Holster for the iPhone 6 available for $29.99, down from $59.95. The Otterbox Defender Case for the iPhone 6 Plus is available for $34.99, down from $70. The Apple iPad mini Smart Cover is available for $17.99, down from $39.
StackSocial is offering the Satechi Aluminum 4-port USB Clamp Hub for $19.99, down from $29.99. The MOTA Smartphone Air Vent Car Mount is available from Groupon for $14.99, down from $55. Best Buy has the Pebble Steel smartwatch in black or silver for $144.99, $50 off the regular price.
Best Buy has Incase laptop sleeves available at a 30 percent discount. Groupon is selling an inexpensive Apple Watch Charging Stand for $14.99, valued at $30, and it has the Jawbone BIG Jambox for $189.99, down from $299.
The iWalk Extreme Trip battery 10,000 mAh pack is available for $49.99 from StackSocial, discounted from $85. Woot has the Mophie Juice Pack Helium case for iPhone 5/5s for $29.99, down from $79.99. Woot's also discounting a range of Beats headphones by 17 to 45 percent, dropping prices as low as $60.
Groupon's still running a big Apple event and selling a range of Apple products and accessories at discounted prices, including the LifeProof Fre case for the iPad Air, Apple EarPods, Speck MacBook cases, MagSafe chargers, Mophie battery cases, and more.
MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors.
Article Link: Buyer's Guide: Deals on iPad Mini 3, Retina iMac, Apple Accessories, and More