Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As we head into June, deals aren't as good as they've been in past weeks, but there are still some decent discounts to be had. Best Buy is selling several of its iPad mini 3 models at a discount of $100 this week, and it's also offering $100 off the 2015 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro with 8GB RAM and 512GB storage.

The 2014 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro is being sold at low prices following last week's refresh, and older MacBook Air models are priced to sell. As always, we've also got some solid deals on Apple accessories and we've rounded up a list of apps you can get on the cheap.

iPad Air 2

Deals on the iPad Air 2 aren't as good as they have been in past weeks, but Apple started offering refurbished iPad Air 2 models last week, so the company's refurbished store is worth checking out if you're looking to get a discount on a tablet.

B&H Photo is offering a small discount on most of its iPad Air 2 models, dropping prices by $30 to $50. With the discount, the 16GB WiFi only iPad Air 2 is priced at $459 and the 64GB model is priced at $549.99. Prices vary somewhat by model, but there are slight discounts to be had.

ipad-air-2-group.jpg
MacMall is also offering some discounts on iPad Air 2 models, dropping the prices by $30 to $50. With the discount, the 16GB entry-level Wi-Fi only iPad Air 2 is priced at $459, while the Wi-Fi-only 64GB iPad Air 2 is available for $569.

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: Buyer's Guide: Deals on iPad Mini 3, Retina iMac, Apple Accessories, and More

rweiser

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
I was about to buy a refurbished iPad Mini 2 16GB for $249, but I can now get the 3 for $299. What do you think - is "new" and Touch ID worth $50?

Comment

JeffyTheQuik

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2014
Charleston, SC and Everett, WA
I was about to buy a refurbished iPad Mini 2 16GB for $249, but I can now get the 3 for $299. What do you think - is "new" and Touch ID worth $50?

I'd say "yes". That $50 will get you at least another year* of upgrades, and that's not a bad deal.

*That's based on my experience... Each generation seems to add a year of upgradability and usability to the devices.

Comment

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
I'd say "yes". That $50 will get you at least another year* of upgrades, and that's not a bad deal.

*That's based on my experience... Each generation seems to add a year of upgradability and usability to the devices.

How do you figure that? The only real hardware upgrade between the two generations is Touch ID. They have the same A7 chip and same amount of RAM - so no reason to believe it will have extra years of iOS support. He should make his decision based on whether he believes Touch ID is worth $50.

Comment

thefourthpope

Contributor
Sep 8, 2007
DelMarVa
How do you figure that? The only real hardware upgrade between the two generations is Touch ID. They have the same A7 chip and same amount of RAM - so no reason to believe it will have extra years of iOS support. He should make his decision based on whether he believes Touch ID is worth $50.

For me the answer is definitely yes

Comment

jclo

Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
California

Touch ID is nice to have, especially since a lot of apps have been upgraded to take advantage of it at this point. I'd say it's worth the extra $50 if you can afford it, but it is definitely a convenience feature. On iPhone/iPad Air 2, I use it most with App Store and 1Password.

Reactions: dwfaust
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.