Buyer's Guide Incorrect/Vague

ncbetz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2016
Hi.

I believe that we need to distinguish between MacBook Pro 16" and Macbook Pro 13" on the Buyer's Guide. Currently, it says BUY NOW and 82 days since release. That is correct, except, the MBP 13 was refreshed well beyond 80 days and will likely be refreshed Q1 or Q2.

Since these two notebooks do not have synced upgrade schedules, I believe they need to separate in some way. I almost bought a MBP 13, thinking that it was refreshed in November. Glad I did a little more homework. People rely on the guide for advice and I think it only makes sense to give the full picture.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Superlimonade

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
It's a fair amount of behind-the-scenes work to split the two, but we'll look into it. In the meantime, we've put a custom yellow status on it with notes about the disparity in update cycles.

Reactions: ncbetz

ncbetz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2016
It's a fair amount of behind-the-scenes work to split the two, but we'll look into it. In the meantime, we've put a custom yellow status on it with notes about the disparity in update cycles.
I had no idea there was a considerable amount of work to split it up. Seems like the special status is plenty as the update cycles may sync up again.