Buyer's Guide: MBP now a don't buy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thedangercometh, Nov 9, 2010.

1. thedangercometh macrumors newbie

Kind of surprised to see this change, especially after the rather lengthy caveat about why no major changes are expected anytime soon. I'm personally in a bind, as my PowerBook is really starting to show it's age and I was hoping to get in on the MBP with the likely Black Friday discount. Any ideas when the next refresh will be? I'd hazard February vs April....

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Q1/2011. And the Buyer's Guide is only a statistical approximation of Apple's update cycles.

3. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

kinda like what spinnerlys is saying
    its just data.. it can be true, it can be false.
    no one knows entirely when this rev. will occur..
    that being said.,
    we know that OSX Lion is gonna come out in hte summer. so it is a possibility that perhaps they will ship the new MBP's with Lion on it.

once again if we think economically, apple might as well just come out with the update Q1, and have people pay $$$ for OSX Lion

4. Ach111es macrumors regular

I am honestly about 95% sure, you can hold me to this, that they will update right around summer time...just like last year. Putting in probably the new sandy bridge or something, expect a real update, not a speedbump.

Tech is at the point where something good comes out each year that people will want, and companies like Apple will take advantage of that as they want people to upgrade their old lappies instead of keeping them for 3-4 years.

5. vant macrumors 65816

6. Surely Guest

Surely

It was the same thing last year. I said "Screw it" and bought a new MBP during a Black Friday sale (Amazon's Lightning Sale..... I saved a crapload). The MBPs were updated in April, and I was extremely happy that I purchased last November.

I haven't looked back, and I'm sure I'll get at least another 12-24 months of use out of this before I upgrade again.

7. thedangercometh thread starter macrumors newbie

jan-app store
    feb-open
    march-ipad2 announcement?
    april-ipad2 release?
    may-ios5 roadmap?
    june-iphone 5 announcement?
    july-iphone5? next os x build. back to school macbook refresh?

8. mongoos150 macrumors 6502a

mongoos150

Pure speculation. Doesn't mean anything really, especially if you're familiar with their "Do Not Buy" ratings in the past.