Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ideaprison

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2009
Hawai'i
Hi everyone,

I'm looking into buying an TV.

The buyer's guide is neutral. But judging from Apple's TV generations, it would be weird to expect a new model any time soon.

Thoughts?

MasConejos

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
Houston, TX
Even if they suddenly were to release a new one, I doubt it would be anything more than a minor spec bump. Additionally, the apple tv is relatively inexpensive so even if a new model is a must-have, it's not like you'd be out much, and you can always use the older unit on a different TV in the house (if you have more than one television).

Reactions: s15119

John_Hagan

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2016
ATV4 is a great product. I use mine daily. Get one & I don't think you will regret it. If Apple comes out with a new model this fall, you should have no problem selling the ATV4.

ideaprison

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2009
Hawai'i
Thanks for the feedback folks!

I already had money put aside to buy ourselves a TV the moment we moved into our new apartment :)

rolsskk

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2008
Thanks for the feedback folks!

I already had money put aside to buy ourselves a TV the moment we moved into our new apartment :)
Buy the 32gb version versus the 64gb one, as there's no reason to spend extra, and I've never seen anyone get near 10gb used on a an ATV.

smacrumon

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2016
Maybe an update towards the holiday season. Apple TV is more than just a hobby now so I would expect some kind of update to make it an attractive front of mind item for putting under the xmas tree.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.