Buyer's Guide = Neutral

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by ideaprison, Jul 28, 2016.

1. ideaprison macrumors newbie

ideaprison

Hi everyone,

I'm looking into buying an TV.

The buyer's guide is neutral. But judging from Apple's TV generations, it would be weird to expect a new model any time soon.

Thoughts?

2. MasConejos macrumors regular

MasConejos

Even if they suddenly were to release a new one, I doubt it would be anything more than a minor spec bump. Additionally, the apple tv is relatively inexpensive so even if a new model is a must-have, it's not like you'd be out much, and you can always use the older unit on a different TV in the house (if you have more than one television).

3. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

4. John_Hagan macrumors member

John_Hagan

ATV4 is a great product. I use mine daily. Get one & I don't think you will regret it. If Apple comes out with a new model this fall, you should have no problem selling the ATV4.

5. ideaprison thread starter macrumors newbie

ideaprison

Thanks for the feedback folks!

I already had money put aside to buy ourselves a TV the moment we moved into our new apartment :)

6. rolsskk macrumors 6502

Buy the 32gb version versus the 64gb one, as there's no reason to spend extra, and I've never seen anyone get near 10gb used on a an ATV.

7. smacrumon macrumors 68030

smacrumon

Maybe an update towards the holiday season. Apple TV is more than just a hobby now so I would expect some kind of update to make it an attractive front of mind item for putting under the xmas tree.