Buyers guide recommendation "downgraded" for MBP/MB?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yetanotherdave, Apr 1, 2009.

1. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

It was
    until today, when it changed to
    The cycle remains at
    I know it's not gospel, I know it's a guide based on rumour, so I guess my question is, what's changed to make macrumours change their recommendation? There've been no notebook rumours or news for a while now.

2. IrishSniper87 macrumors regular

I am willing to bet the fact that there hasn't been any notebook news in awhile and the fact that Snow Leopard looks like it will be an August/September/October release would be the reason. It may be likely that instead of do any sort of refresh now, that they wait until Snow Leopard is out and then announce a refresh.

I hope theny announce something in April involving a price drop. Oh well, I can dream.

3. yetanotherdave thread starter macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

I don't see that, from my (admittedly limited) apple memory (my first mac was a g4 mini with tiger) they don't seem to try and get hardware and software out at the same time, I wouldn't expect to see new anything with snow leopard. I think the next major refresh will be q4 09/early 2010, there will be some sort of memory/disk/cpu upgrade between now and then. I'm hoping for higher resolution screens and integrated battery too.

4. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

Maybe they're going yearly:confused: Q1 desktops, Q2 iPhones, Q3 iPods, Q4 laptops?

5. wesrk macrumors 6502a

I think it's got to do with the news in the front page about the notebooks going with nehalem sometime in november.

6. MacGeek767 macrumors member

MacGeek767

i don't think so, cause the new iPod Shuffle came out recently, and it was Q1 of 2009

7. MacGeek767 macrumors member

MacGeek767

i don't think so, cause the new iPod Shuffle came out recently, and it was Q1 of 2009

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

GOOD! That should stop the "OADGHJ WHAT BY MACKBOOL NOW OR WAIT?!" threads for a while.

The shuffle is meaningless. iPod updates are in September every year.

9. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Sigh. You know this isn't true :-( :-( :-(

10. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

At least now they won't have the "proof" that they can quote from the Buyer's Guide to ignore rational thought from the people who respond to their posts. :p

11. Mark2000 macrumors regular

Mark2000

I'm pretty sure the minor cpu upgrades they did to the 15" was to hold people over until an upgrade next fall. Happened with the original intels. 15" came out. 17" Came out a few months later. 15" bumped a tiny bit. The whole line is refreshed the next october.

12. m1stake macrumors 68000

You guys know the buyers guide isn't based on rumors, right? It's just an average of the number of days between updates.

13. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I wouldnt follow that at all...like the others said, it is just the average amount of days between a refresh. I would really wait for rumors to appear. I would say the next update will be a small bumb maybe in May/June, then major change in November/December for the Holiday season.

14. yetanotherdave thread starter macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

Which is what made me question it. If it's based on math alone, it shouldn't go from "approaching end of cycle" to Neutral like that. Which made me wonder if something else had influenced this.

15. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

The text goes red when enough rumors have accumulated. Otherwise, regardless of how long it has been, it stays on yellow.