Buyer's guide says "don't buy", but?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XheartcoreboyX, Dec 16, 2009.

1. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

Is there an iPhone coming out soon? I really need a phone, but i can't wait more than couple months..

Should i buy a cheap phone for now to replace my half damaged sony ericsson until the new iPhone is released? or just buy an iPhone now?

I am sure i will upgrade my iPhone if i get one and it gets updated, but i don't want to do that so soon and lose more money.

Thanks for the advice!

Short question? Is it a good idea to buy an iPhone 3GS 32GB now?

2. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    I'd guess another 6 months before a revision? I know memory prices drop fast, the 32GB price-point will probably shift?... ;)

3. XheartcoreboyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

If that's the case, then this is a perfect time to buy, VodaPhone just got a new shipment going yesterday of the 3GS.

Anyone can verify?

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

This is asked weekly. The Buyer's Guide is not calculated by humans, rather by a formula via averages. Because the first generation was updated less then a year after it was released, the average product cycle is far less then a year. The reality is there is no evidence that would suggest we see anything new before June. The discussion of a price drop and 8GB phone seems to have died down.

5. XheartcoreboyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

Thanks for the info, i never knew this, more inputs are welcomed.