Buyers Guide: Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by xGrill, Jan 6, 2010.

1. xGrill macrumors member

Since the time capsule isn't on Macrumors buyers guide, does anyone know when the last one was released. My external drive died a week ago and for some unknown reason today I lost 300 lines of code that I had written. I am very tempted to go pick one up tomorrow but not if it is close to the time capsule's upgrade cycle.

Any ideas?

2. gibbz macrumors 68030

3. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

they did an update in October 2009 when the new iMacs & MacBooks came out. they increased the wireless connectivity by 60% than the previous models.

4. xGrill thread starter macrumors member

They they had one

Feb 2008
    March 2009
    October 2009

Did they also have one in September of 2008?

5. chill. macrumors 6502

from wikipedia:

so very likely they had a refresh in late 2008

6. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

Whether it is likely to occur or not, I'd love to see a price drop on the Time Capsule. I've wanted one for a while, but I can't see myself spending that kind of money on it.

7. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I would think we should really have a buyers guide for the TC and APE as well. That, or at least a link to the Wiki page of both to give buyers a better idea.

8. frozenflourish macrumors member

bumping - if we are looking at an update cycle as soon as March 2010, I'd rather wait the month then get the bigger better one at the lower price...

9. tenderidol macrumors regular

tenderidol

I dont think the size is going to increase as early as March 2010 unless someone releases a 3TB+ HDD soon or Apple decides to go with a 2HDD RAID1 setup, both of which are VERY unlikely. If there is going to be an update, it might be on the wireless router side of the TC.

Who knows, may be at one point they'll decide to remove that damn power adapter from the case to the wall, so that it's not frying the rest of the TC ;)

10. frozenflourish macrumors member

is it likely that we will see a design refresh in the next few months? (this spring?).

11. xGrill thread starter macrumors member

I really doubt they will change the design so early in the products development cycle. I would like to see a drop in the price of the 2TB model.