Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Buyers remorse help, please!

JoeJoe

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2006
I bought a powerbook for $800(ebay).

15"/1.25ghz/1.5ram/BT/Airport/extra battery/good shape(pixels, scuff marks, etc).

Appears to be a deal, but I'm not that savvy.

Did I get a "deal" :) or "no deal"?:confused:

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
Sounds like a good deal to me. I used to have that machine and I loved it. Just enjoy your machine and be glad that you got a good deal.

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2005
If you have no use for winblows on this machine than it`s a great deal. Otherwise I`d think twice before I buy it.

JoeJoe

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2006
Thanks everyone!

I feel good about it - of course I haven't received it yet!:eek:

No need for Windows, just a iphoto/itunes/imovie/safari guy.

Upgrading from an ibook (giving it to my wife) and selling my G4.

Love Macs!:D

mdntcallr

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2000
its a great deal, but to be honest, you would have done better with buying a macbook.

or maybe not. it depends

xPismo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
California.
Ouch. I mean congradualtions.... ack, $800... guess I should have traded up earlier. Still, I love this machine to death. Thinking of keeping it and getting a 14" imac instead of the MBP... maybe. :)

Enjoy it. They rock!

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
What if he wanted the resolution? It seems great for those who don't want to have to hook up to an external monitor all the time to get the resolution.

Good purchase. I have a MacBook, but it seems that a 15" PowerBook is a very good fit for you. :)

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
Abstract said:
What if he wanted the resolution? It seems great for those who don't want to have to hook up to an external monitor all the time to get the resolution.

A whole 54 pixels difference between the two, isn't it? The 1440x900 only came with with the last revision of Powerbooks.

doctor pangloss

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2004
Thailand
Sounds good to me too. Powerbooks are fine machine. I like mine.
You can use for a couple of years and by that time they will have all the bugs and upgrades ironed out on the MBP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.