Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flyfish29

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2003
New HAMpshire
genesis17five said:
and i got a pretty good deal too right? i bought through a friend of mine who goes to school @ Cal. they are offering a special deal for students there. anyways, its too late now - i just hope it works out when it arrives at my door :)

This "friend"...is he tall...wears an overcoat and hangs out in the back of tractor trailers??? SOunds like a great deal...I hope it really is legit and not stolen or anything...when are you getting it and who did your "friend" get it from so I can get the same deal.

You will love the mac! It just works. You get work done with a mac!...you end up working "on" a PC (to get it to actually run that is)! PC's are hobbist computers...you buy it so you can have it break and fix it yourself therefore feeling ALL POWERFUL. Mac users get things done in life...important things...like making MacRumors forum posts! :D

genesis17five

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
i got my powerbook and ipod in last friday - i've been so engrossed with it that i haven't had a chance to say how happy i am with my purchase! no remorse whatsoever - especially at the price i got it for. i've already thrown the dell into my closet ;)...and haven't looked back :) thanks to everyone for their comforting advice and words.

for those of you who are still interested in purchasing a powerbook - a lot of universities are selling them with spring specials going on right now. here is where i found my deal - you have to be a CAL student to purchase though:

15" powerbook/ipod/apple care spring promotion

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.