Buyers remorse should I return?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by phas3, Apr 30, 2010.

1. phas3 macrumors 65816

so I went to the apple store the other day and bought the standard model mac mini and used my student ID to get a discount I also got a dvi-hdmi cable, total came out to be $625.00. I purchased it mainly for use in my living room acting as an HTPC and using plex. It's great, I also have a blackbook but my question is should I keep the mini?

I was using my blackbook to stream through the ps3 but since it's wireless it's not so good. I like the overall convenience of the mac mini. But is it worth keeping?

I just moved into my new apartment, and I want to get a lot of more things for the living room but I can't seem to figure out which of these things should take precedence over the others...I still have yet to get an entertainment stand, home theater system, drying rack for plates, clothes?

but then I think to myself clothes? I have a lot of clothes to wear...drying rack, I have a dish washer..home theater system? It's gonna cost at least 300 for a decent HTIB. I have a motorcycle my only transportation, but I need to save for a car...Bills to pay...if I return the mini I'll have 1500 extra every month after bills, if not I'll have 1000 this month...maybe I'm over reacting?

What's the policy on returning a mac mini to the store?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Well only you can answer that, but if you purchased the mini over getting other necessities, then perhaps it is a good idea for you to return it and wait.

3. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Agreed. If you are second guessing, take it back. You can always think for a bit, and buy again at a better "feel good" moment.

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

I'm not sure you should be spending money on ANY entertainment purchases until food, clothing, shelter, and transportation to/from job are covered.

5. broncopde macrumors 6502

6. phas3 thread starter macrumors 65816

thats the thing, I have all those. I have a fridge full of food, a walk in closet full of clothes, no problem paying my rent, I have a motorcycle I use for transportation. although a car would be way more convenient.

now can I just go back to the apple store I purchased the mini from and refund it there?

7. bamaworks macrumors 6502

I'd return it. I clear about $3000/mo after rent, car payment, and bills but still having trouble justfying a new 13" Macbook Pro. (I am, in fact, a tightwad.) You already have a nice mac, work on getting some quality items to make your living accomodation nice and inviting, as well as some of the essentials you know you need and I bet you'll be happier for it.

8. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

9. phas3 thread starter macrumors 65816

I've consulted the magic girlfriend and she says to keep it LOL

10. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

She's a keeper (or else she is a big spender, and justifying her spending habits by encouraging yours).

11. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

On the mac issue alone she sounds sexy:D

12. Mac N Tosh macrumors regular

You'll never enjoy it now...It must be returned...

13. phas3 thread starter macrumors 65816

oh she is ;) haha

14. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

Pics. ;)

I honestly would keep it. You still have about 875 for the month, and then the next you'll be back to having the 1500. You said you are enjoying using it.