Buyers Remorse

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andrewtm, Oct 14, 2014.

1. andrewtm macrumors regular

So I just ordered a Silver iPhone 6 since I've never had a white iPhone and I feel like it'd be a good change. I just returned the Space Gray one because I wanted a change but now I'm tempted to cancel this order and get the Space Gray again...I just can't decide!

2. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Give it a couple of days and you might like it. It's just new to you.

3. meagain macrumors 68030

4. Fantasigraphic macrumors 65816

Was in same boat as you. I've always had the black/space gray. Got the Silver iPhone 6 and I LOVE it! Think it has better detail. The SG is solid black on front and the home button made it look weird. This just my opinion!

5. Starrbuck macrumors regular

Silver 6 here. This is my third or fourth white iPhone. My wife is getting a gold 6+ when her contract comes up in December, and she usually gets grey. She saw the gold and loved it!

6. andrewtm thread starter macrumors regular

How do you like the white? The thing I'm going to miss about the black is seeing it with the screen off, but it's really just something I need to get over. Looking forward to a change though

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I hope you don't have this much trouble deciding what to wear each morning.:p

8. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

If you switch back and forth about 10-12 times I'm sure you'll arrive at a solid decision.

9. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Don't be to indecisive, otherwise, I've read somewhere in the forum, Apple will prevent you from making any future purchases with them because of too many returns/exchanges. From what I understand, they have a cutoff. This was spoken quite a bit during the 5 Scuff-gate.

10. Starfyre macrumors 68020

Starfyre

The White is nice to have a silver rimmed touchid sensor.
    The Space Grey is nice to have a solid, flat black and matches with the entire device.

11. myscrnnm macrumors 6502a

myscrnnm

This is why we can't have nice things. People wonder why companies don't come out with more sizes and colors of products; it's because of consumers flip flopping all the time. Ever since Apple started offering more than two colors of iPhone, half the threads on MacRumors are asking grey vs silver, Minus or Plus, et cetera.

12. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Keep us posted. We can't wait to hear your ultimate final decision on this momentous conundrum.

13. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I suggest getting the gold one too. Or even one each plus as well! One phone each day of the week. Sunday just carry all six at once.

14. blacksurfer macrumors regular

I changed a black 6 for a white 6+ and I'm loving it.

15. cababah macrumors 68000

Any thoughts remotely related to the iPhone 6? Make a new thread!

16. Starrbuck macrumors regular

I like it because 'white' just means 'Apple' to me. It's a bit nostalgic.

Also I can tell where the screen ends and the bezels begin, so I don't look for extra picture there on the bezels.

Don't get me wrong, black is awesome too. I just prefer white as I don't get too hung up over colors.

17. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Wish I got the silver in hindsight, but space grey is just as awesome. Would've liked my phone to match my iPad, but thought the bezel would be too distracting. Tried someone else's iP6 in white, and it turns out that it looks pretty nice.

18. Maggiep67 macrumors regular

Maggiep67

When the hubs wanted to upgrade his phone, I found what he was looking for at Walmart. This nice girl at electronics, got it all going, we signed all the paperwork, then she opened the box. It was white!! OMG, the hubs was NEVER gonna go for that. Since she was so far into the deal, I just had her switch out the SIM cards and gave my hubby the black one (which he quickly complained that ONCE AGAIN, he got the hand me down LOL!!).

Initially, I thought I couldn't (or wouldn't) get used to the white. It took all of a day before I was absolutely in LOVE with the the Silver/White. So much so that when I got my iPad Air, I got it in white!!

You've got 14 days. Give it a couple of days, if you don't like it, return it.

19. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Before I bought my mom her first iphone which was the 4s, i asked her if she wanted the white or black. She said black. It was shortly after it was released and wasn't that easy to find. Found her a white one and asked her if she wanted it. She said ok reluctantly. When the 5 was released I asked her if she wanted the black, she said "nope, I like the white too much". She even wants a white 6 now. She even got me to get 2 white ones for my sisters lol. So to the op, give it time unless you know for sure.

20. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'm already on my 2nd iPhone after my first was faulty. At this stage, I'm just happy I have a working phone! I think I'll stay with black for now.

21. David126 macrumors newbie

I won't mention how dirty it easily gets..dust is noticeable w screen protector. But does look better than black