Buyers remorse.......

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JoeJoe, Feb 21, 2009.

1. JoeJoe macrumors member

but wanted to check with the pro's first.

Macbook Pro. 15.4"/2.2GHZ/4GB/320HD/glossy/CS4/Office2008 included.

$1,325.

Did I get a deal or no deal?

I needed the big hard drive (photo's/videos) and my trusty powerbook G4 was getting a little long in the tooth.

2. bradenwh macrumors 6502

I'd say that was an amazing deal.
    That's only $25 more than the unibody MacBook low end model with no upgraded specs.

3. mattyb240 macrumors 6502a

TO me although I am in the UK it doesn't sound amazing, but I don't know what US refurbs to go? My MBP retailed at £1700 and I paid £1499 with discount. Which is in an around refurb prices although a little better.

I could be very wrong though and am happy to admit if I am! The main thing is as long as your happy with it!

4. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

If you plan to actually make use of CS4 (i.e. you were going to buy it) you got a great deal. Depending on the version that's almost half the price alone or more. If the machine is in like new condition than even a sweeter deal!

Now if the machine looks a bit worn (had a lot of use), you have no plans to make much use of CS4 or you're the type who'd seek it out on the 'grey' market... is it still a great deal? Mmmm... maybe not so much. Definitely still a good deal though.

5. rathernot2 macrumors newbie

Is CS4 and Office 2008 legit versions of the software programs? Did the seller provide you with COA (certificate of authenticity)? If it was bootleg, then no, not a great deal.

320 GB 7200 rpm could be had for $50 AR.

6. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

as others have said, if that software is legit it's an amazing deal. If not, it's Ok, depending on condition.

7. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

Where you buy it from? MacMall sells them for $1299 after rebate I think, but it's still a great deal.

8. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...if its a new old model with legit software = great deal...

...if you bought it from an individual and its still got apple care left on it = ok deal...

...if its older than that...

9. EB66 macrumors 6502

if youre happy with it and its already done then it was good enough

10. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

Considering how much the software costs - that WOULD be a great deal.

except for most of the time, when buying used - people include cracked versions of MS Office, and CS4. as there are many widespread crack files. ESPECIALLY for CS4.

I'd say you did good. After all - you were happy with it until you looked up other stuff about the new pricing right?

i'd be happy if i were you! but i would reccomend in the future, to research a bit before you spend over 1,000$ :)