Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Farrgazer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2017
After reading different posts by iPad Pro owners and trying a couple demo units, I’m looking forward to Apple Pencil and, surprisingly enough, the quad speakers.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Smaller and lighter 12.9” (reduced bezels) or combine both into a ~11.5” with same resolution as the 12.9” with OLED. Hopefully they’ll do an A12X in the autumn after the iPhone instead of an A11X this summer and we’ll get 6-8GB of RAM for taking creative apps to the next level. I’d also like a new Apple Pencil design with a screw on cap that can be used in apps as an eraser, even more improved performance which is already great and the ability to squeeze it tightly as a sort of button to adjust settings or bring up a customizable contextual menu in apps. I’d also like to see a revised Smart Keyboard that uses better materials that don’t come apart at the seams, feel clickier, and has some sort of touch sensitive gesture surface for positioning the cursor, scrolling pages, zooming, panning, multitasking, etc. And NO NOTCH! Surely they can keep a quite slim top and bottom bezel that can fit the necessary hardware for FaceID. A notch on an iPad would be ridiculous because it’s used landscape a lot more than an iPhone and would be much more noticeable in regular use.

Tinototem

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2010
Sweden
Going from my iPad Air i am looking forward to the following, in order.
  1. Better CPU and GPU and more ram for overall performance improvements
  2. Larger screen, Bezel-less design
  3. Pro motion screen
  4. Quad speakers
  5. Smart connector
  6. Multi tasking
  7. Face ID
  8. More storage
Going from the iPad Air to the new iPad Pro will be a huge step for me, so far my iPad Air is still tugging along so for me waiting is not an big issue.

Reactions: Cape Dave

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
can't really 'look forward to' features that haven't been announced.

now if you want to know what we hope will be announced the only hardware things I'd really like to see are
1. more storage
2. way better display
3. wireless charging
4. smart keyboard that doesn't fail every 3 months
5. wireless charging pencil

anything else on the hardware side is fluff as far as I'm concerned. if it happens great, if not whatever.

software is where I'd like to see some big changes

Reactions: nanotoj

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm happy with what I have, I keep trying to think what would enhance my experience and so far I'm not really coming up with anything.

Reactions: AJsAWiz and xxray

CrazyForCashews

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2018
I'm happy with what I have, I keep trying to think what would enhance my experience and so far I'm not really coming up with anything.
I'm thinking the same thing. Aside from a bigger screen with reduced bezels, I don't know what else Apple could improve on the iPad Pro's that would benefit and be noticeable to the consumer.

I guess one worthwhile improvement would be reduced weight, but there comes a point when reducing weight would most likely affect other components of the device like a smaller battery or cheaper material.

Reactions: kristalsoldier

eVolcre

macrumors 68000
Jan 7, 2003
I'm thinking the same thing. Aside from a bigger screen with reduced bezels, I don't know what else Apple could improve on the iPad Pro's that would benefit and be noticeable to the consumer.

I guess one worthwhile improvement would be reduced weight, but there comes a point when reducing weight would most likely affect other components of the device like a smaller battery or cheaper material.
A tweener size between 10.5 and 12.9. The 10.5 is great as a tablet but cramped for work. 12.9 works as a laptop replacement but it’s really awkward in tablet mode. 11.5 bezelless would be fab.

Oh, and a better Smart Keyboard. Not really sure what’s “smart” about this one. Make it slightly thicker if you like but add backlighting, more key travel, and a row of function keys. A “pro” kB. Sell both, one for the light and skinny crowd, another for those of us who are cranking out 7000 words a day and don’t mind the compromise of extra bulk for a better typing experience.

Everything else is just bonus / gimmicks. I do love faceid on my X but it’s certainly not a deal maker/breaker.
eV

Last edited:
Reactions: millydog

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012

i was going to wait but I just picked up a 2nd gen 12.9 ipp 256gb cellular with the pencil and the smart keyboard along with AC plus for 775. This is a good deal?

eVolcre

macrumors 68000
Jan 7, 2003
i was going to wait but I just picked up a 2nd gen 12.9 ipp 256gb cellular with the pencil and the smart keyboard along with AC plus for 775. This is a good deal?
Heck of a good deal. That combination has been sitting in my shopping cart at around 1300. New or used?

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
Heck of a good deal. That combination has been sitting in my shopping cart at around 1300. New or used?

Used but mint condition. Ac plus til 11/19. I thought it was good. Comes with all oem accessories/boxes. Just seeing from others if it’s a good deal.

Reactions: eVolcre

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
Any idea what the Smart Keyboard for the 12.9 ipp would sell for alone? Not sure I want to keep that

eVolcre

macrumors 68000
Jan 7, 2003
Hmm thanks. Yeah I think I’ll go with a different case with pencil.

Let us know what you choose. Don't even own an IPP yet but I've done so much research on keyboards .That smart keyboard may be light and convenient but it's bollocks to type on. Problem is, the GOOD keyboards end up adding a bulky case around the ipad. You win some you lose some.

Reactions: Truefan31

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017
A OLED screen and if possible connecting controllers with case to attach for both and upgraded processors and perhaps (for increased sales and style) a transparent body with different color schemes like the original iMac.

Last edited:

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
Let us know what you choose. Don't even own an IPP yet but I've done so much research on keyboards .That smart keyboard may be light and convenient but it's bollocks to type on. Problem is, the GOOD keyboards end up adding a bulky case around the ipad. You win some you lose some.

Yeah the keyboards I’ve seen tend to add a lot of bulk/weight, naturally so.

I might get the zugu case that’s highly rated and get one of those thin folding Bluetooth keyboards when typing is needed. Not sure what I’ll mainly use it for, I may give it to my son who is starting college. I think he could make it work, note taking, internet browsing/research, etc.

Reactions: eVolcre

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017
A tweener size between 10.5 and 12.9. The 10.5 is great as a tablet but cramped for work. 12.9 works as a laptop replacement but it’s really awkward in tablet mode. 11.5 bezelless would be fab.

Oh, and a better Smart Keyboard. Not really sure what’s “smart” about this one. Make it slightly thicker if you like but add backlighting, more key travel, and a row of function keys. A “pro” kB. Sell both, one for the light and skinny crowd, another for those of us who are cranking out 7000 words a day and don’t mind the compromise of extra bulk for a better typing experience.

Everything else is just bonus / gimmicks. I do love faceid on my X but it’s certainly not a deal maker/breaker.
eV

These three sizes would fit, a 7 inch, a 9 inch and 11 inch model.
[doublepost=1527432267][/doublepost]
Let us know what you choose. Don't even own an IPP yet but I've done so much research on keyboards .That smart keyboard may be light and convenient but it's bollocks to type on. Problem is, the GOOD keyboards end up adding a bulky case around the ipad. You win some you lose some.[/QUOTE

These are nice.

https://www.zagg.com/us/en_us/keyboards/rugged-messenger-apple-ipad-pro-10-5

eVolcre

macrumors 68000
Jan 7, 2003
These three sizes would fit, a 7 inch, a 9 inch and 11 inch model.
[doublepost=1527432267][/doublepost]

These are nice.

https://www.zagg.com/us/en_us/keyboards/rugged-messenger-apple-ipad-pro-10-5
Not bad. Hadn't seen that before. Does the tablet portion detach easily from the keyboard or is it mainly fixed like the Logitech Create?

This is the Zagg I was researching before. Thing is it's not that slim. Ironic given it's name and now I'm back to looking at the Smart Keyboard and just dealing with it. can get used to most anything in time.

https://www.zagg.com/us/en_us/keyboards/slim-book-apple-12-9-ipad-pro

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017
Not bad. Hadn't seen that before. Does the tablet portion detach easily from the keyboard or is it mainly fixed like the Logitech Create?

This is the Zagg I was researching before. Thing is it's not that slim. Ironic given it's name and now I'm back to looking at the Smart Keyboard and just dealing with it. can get used to most anything in time.

https://www.zagg.com/us/en_us/keyboards/slim-book-apple-12-9-ipad-pro

I think it can detach but it’s for a heavier protection and a lighted keyboard.

The other keyboard is not lighted which is what some may prefer.

eVolcre

macrumors 68000
Jan 7, 2003
I think it can detach but it’s for a heavier protection and a lighted keyboard.

The other keyboard is not lighted which is what some may prefer.
The one I linked to? Definitely backlit. 7 colors not one!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.