Buying 09 Macbook tomorrow, need advice on price!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by meandfireworks, Mar 9, 2012.

1. meandfireworks macrumors newbie

In the morning I'm going to purchase an 09 Macbook that I found on Craigslist.
    Seems like an honest seller, listed everything that it would come with, condition, etc etc.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/sys/2886976409.html

Here's the add.
    He's willing to let go if it for 750. Good price?

2. Bear macrumors G3

• All that software on the computer? Is not legal unless it comes with the licenses keys and original media. And at that some may not be bale to be transferred. And none of the extra software says it comes with CDs/DVDs.
    • Mountain Lion definitely isn't legal for him to hand out no matter what.
    • 88 Charge Cycles is meaningless, it's battery capacity that means something.
    With all of the above., have you considered getting a refurbished MacBook Pro 13" for $1019 from the Apple Store? This way you'd have the one year warranty and the option to get AppleCare.

In short $750 seems like too much for a computer that's over 2 years old and sold in the $999 to $1199 range (depending on exact options). Especially since none of the extra software the selling is listing is likely tro be legal copies.

3. meandfireworks thread starter macrumors newbie

Guess I'll be going with a refurbished one.
    Seems a little iffy now that there might be illegal copies he's including with it.

Thanks for the reply.