Buying 13" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bhargav.tk, Jul 7, 2010.

1. bhargav.tk macrumors newbie

Dear All:
    I am planning to buy the base model 13 inch Macbook Pro (2.4ghz, 4gb ram, 250gb hard drive) on tax free day at my university. I need to place an order in the next week to get one on tax free day. But I am cornered here with September Macworld event and the rumors about i3/5 processors on 13" MBP.
    Please help me out here whether I should wait for a month to see any surprises.
    What could be the performance of i3/5 processor on 13" MBP, if it is released?
    I do normal computing, lots of video, photos, music etc. Not that much into gaming but I always love advanced hardware on my system. Should I wait till September Macworld event? I do not mind paying tax if it is for a better hardware.
    Thanks for your time. Pls shower your opinions.

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

The MacBook Pro was fairly recently updated so I wouldn't worry too much an update in the immediate future. Also, you might want to take a look at this :)

3. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

There's no Macworld show in September, that happens between January and February of each year. September events are all about iPods and music. Apple generally holds a small event for this.

4. bhargav.tk thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for replying. I am searching around for reviews on base model performance and so far everything is outstanding.

5. macmepretty macrumors newbie

macmepretty

I just bought the 2.66 ghz 13 inch MBP on friday and I am just totally IN LOVE. I've never seen graphics like this and it's so fast I can have itunes up, aim up, surfing the web and play Wow and it never misses a beat.