Buying 13" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by, Jul 7, 2010.

  1. macrumors newbie

    Jul 20, 2008
    Dear All:
    I am planning to buy the base model 13 inch Macbook Pro (2.4ghz, 4gb ram, 250gb hard drive) on tax free day at my university. I need to place an order in the next week to get one on tax free day. But I am cornered here with September Macworld event and the rumors about i3/5 processors on 13" MBP.
    Please help me out here whether I should wait for a month to see any surprises.
    What could be the performance of i3/5 processor on 13" MBP, if it is released?
    I do normal computing, lots of video, photos, music etc. Not that much into gaming but I always love advanced hardware on my system. Should I wait till September Macworld event? I do not mind paying tax if it is for a better hardware.
    Thanks for your time. Pls shower your opinions.
  2. iBookG4user macrumors 604


    Jun 27, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    The MacBook Pro was fairly recently updated so I wouldn't worry too much an update in the immediate future. Also, you might want to take a look at this :)
  3. HLdan macrumors 603


    Aug 22, 2007
    There's no Macworld show in September, that happens between January and February of each year. September events are all about iPods and music. Apple generally holds a small event for this.
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jul 20, 2008
    Thanks for replying. I am searching around for reviews on base model performance and so far everything is outstanding.
  5. macmepretty macrumors newbie


    Jun 20, 2010
    I just bought the 2.66 ghz 13 inch MBP on friday and I am just totally IN LOVE. I've never seen graphics like this and it's so fast I can have itunes up, aim up, surfing the web and play Wow and it never misses a beat.

Share This Page