Buying 2.4 GHz MBP this week

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zeeeich, May 20, 2008.

1. Zeeeich macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I am selling my old MBP and am going to buy the 2.4 GHz MBP as replacement this week. However, I have been reading some rumours that the MBP might see a refresh/update when the montevida procs launch in June. My question is, IF Apple were to update the MBP during the WWDC, is it possible to return the one I just purchased within lets say a month? Is there some kind of right the consumer has to "regret" the purchase and send it back to then order a new one?

Regards,

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I've read about such a thing happening from users on this site, but I can't recall the specific time frame. It's closer to a couple of weeks, I think.

3. MacBookProJoe macrumors regular

MacBookProJoe

I certainly wouldnt count on being able to return the bloody thing. If youre so worried about that wait. The general consensus is Apple may introduce a new MBP sometime in August/September/October. If you can wait that long wait. I couldnt.

4. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

If I were you I'd wait another few weeks until WWDC (June 9-13) to see if the announcement comes. Montevina is supposed to be shipping June 3rd so it is possible that Apple will announce is updated MBP since the conference is geared toward the Pro market...

5. wchong macrumors 6502

i think this year's WWDC is geared more towards the iPhone. However, there are those two bridges in the flyer... one for iPhone, and the other for mbp?

the bridges probably mean that apple is trying to connect more towards the consumer: delivering an iPhone along with the ability to download/buy applications, and perhaps a redesigned MBP with more BTO options (like a better gfx card)

6. InLikeALion macrumors 6502a

The two bridges are Leopard and OS X Touch - or whatever the iPhone OS is called. IIRC, that's been very clear in the subsequent event literature.