Buying 2 Apple Cinema Displays

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by drPHk, Jan 27, 2008.

1. drPHk macrumors newbie

I am a video editor and I really like the 30 inch displays from Apple. I edit on PC, but I've been considering switching to Apple. The only reason I haven't is because I have over 100 CD's and DVD's of editing software and plugins that are for PC. Ipod is currently the only Apple product I own. I was waiting to hear if there was going to be a new line of displays at MWSF, but nothing was mentioned.

Will Mac have any other conventions this year where they will unveil new products? Should I go ahead and buy the two displays or should I wait to see if something new might come out this year?

If they have more conventions and more products will be unveiled this year, I will wait, but if they aren't going to unveil anything new until next MWSF in Jan 09, I guess I will go ahead and buy them now.

Does anyone know if there is an upcoming convention of some sorts that may unveil the new displays?

Thanks!

2. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

If you want HDCP wait for next convention or get a Dell screen. But if you don't want HDCP buy now.

3. Jebaloo macrumors 6502

I had the same question a couple of weeks back.

I ended up deciding to buy just one Cinema Display now. So if and when new ones come out, I can decide either to sell this one and upgrade, or keep this one and supplement it with one of the new displays.

4. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

There's still NAB, and WWDC, not to mention Paris.

NAB is more likely (and first), but it's anyone's guess as to ACD updates.

Personally, I don't think they'll happen anytime soon - except for maybe *minor* price drops in a few months time.

If you like them, and if you want them, just buy them now.

ACD's hold their value well, so you can always flog 'em and get a decent price should you choose to update when the new ones come out.